Home

Q/A and Patching (The Growing Trend in Console Gaming)

This is a discussion on Q/A and Patching (The Growing Trend in Console Gaming) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Q/A and Patching (The Growing Trend in Console Gaming)

There's another thread that's talking about future systems and what they should have and do... or what we think will happen with the next batch of systems.

Personally, I refuse to buy another console until my biggest issue gets taken care of...

Q/A and Patching Games:

I can understand patching online games and online portions of video games, but the trend of patching single player in games is out of hand. Patching of sports games is out of hand.

The goal has to be ZERO tolerance of games being released with major bugs - like pre PS3 and 360.

For 2008 you can name the games that didn't have to be "patched" to fix the single player instead of the other way around. Patching nearly every MAJOR release is crap. It's like PC gaming. "Ship it out and we'll fix it later." It's unacceptable.

It's like MS and Sony are allowing for these games to be sent out broken on a lot of levels where as in the past those games would have never been released.

Fable 2 being a HUGE offender. Over on Lion Head you can see the thread with the "major bugs." They've got a list of over 70+ and only 40 have been addressed with the last patch and it appears the next 30+ won't be since they need to put out an expansion for a bugged game.

At least Nintendo has it right. Nintendo's not letting games ship with game breaking bugs or game altering bugs. Then again they aren't giving the space and option for developers to "patch it" later on.

I'm lucky enough (like a lot of us here) that we are connected to the net and get the patches, but it's crappy for those that can't. That they bought a buggy game that can't be fixed.

That's That.

Last edited by DXZeke; 03-15-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »