Home

Intentional D/C's

This is a discussion on Intentional D/C's within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Intentional D/C's

Is there a point to this? Played 4 games today, 2 of which ended immediately after I got a go ahead hit or homer. The person D/C takes the loss anyway right? So whats the point? Why not just quit or concede? I don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Intentional D/C's

They're just rage quitting, they think that if they disconnect from the Internet there is a chance they won't get the loss. But they do get the loss.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sometimes the bs in this game is too much for someone to just pause and concede so I think they get the anger out by unplugging the switch or just shutting it down. I do this every now and then and take like an hour break
Old 06-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Just accept the win and move on. Here are two good reasons to D/C:

1. Most of us go through a lot of hardship (ie. facing 5 opponents in a row who abuse bunts/SB) to put up with some of the BS that goes on in this game. After a while it gets to you and you don't care anymore.

2. I once had an appointment and lost track of time so I had to shut my system down mid-game.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Just accept the win and move on. Here are two good reasons to D/C:

1. Most of us go through a lot of hardship (ie. facing 5 opponents in a row who abuse bunts/SB) to put up with some of the BS that goes on in this game. After a while it gets to you and you don't care anymore.

2. I once had an appointment and lost track of time so I had to shut my system down mid-game.
OK, I was just wondering. I am new to playing online in this game. I have seen my fair share of SB abusers, not so much the bunts yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 AM   #6
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Rage quitting/disconnecting can send the game to queue. In rare cases those games can get wiped from existence. I don't know if the disconnecting person starting a new game quickly might cause this or what they do, but there are some players, top rated ones too, that avoid some losses by getting games to go to queue. I've had maybe 2 or 3 games go to queue and disappear. All have been against people with very lopsided win-loss records.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:17 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Rage quitting/disconnecting can send the game to queue. In rare cases those games can get wiped from existence. I don't know if the disconnecting person starting a new game quickly might cause this or what they do, but there are some players, top rated ones too, that avoid some losses by getting games to go to queue. I've had maybe 2 or 3 games go to queue and disappear. All have been against people with very lopsided win-loss records.

Damn, really? It is just a game, I just don't understand the way some people think.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

I just had the a terrible game with a guy bunting & stealing. He took a 2-0 lead in the 3rd inning. Then in the 7th I took a 5-2 inning after hitting. He then decided to sub in four players with 80+ speed/base stealing. He bunted & stole the last three innings & beat me on a bases loaded bunt. They really need to do something with the bunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »