Home

Market craziness

This is a discussion on Market craziness within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

OVR: 0
Market craziness

Somethings in the market be making no sense to me like how are there 7 buy orders of 500,000 for Yadier Molina 95 OVR . Lisen I know the card is good but WHAT!! I can buy a whole team of diamonds literally with that amount. These Throw back cards are cool and awesome but there too hard to acquire. I'm surprise anybody is willing to pay that smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Market craziness

Agreed. That A-Rod from the Mariners is reasonable I guess since that card is a beast based on his stats, but every other card that I've seen with the 500K bid, I haven't understood it. What happens when some of these other rumored flashback cards come out? They're so much better than that Yadi Molina or Jimmy Rollins cards.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

Speaking of craziness. I know the market usually dips a bit after the new packs and new ratings come out but it seems like this week the market has dipped 25-50% on most players. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

El Generico's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Speaking of craziness. I know the market usually dips a bit after the new packs and new ratings come out but it seems like this week the market has dipped 25-50% on most players. Crazy.

They have started going back up this evening.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491

Cause this pack had ALL cards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
Cause this pack had ALL cards
Not sure what you're going for, here. All packs have all cards; some packs have featured certain traits, which meant the odds on certain guys were higher. For instance, in the "Catch Me If You Can" pack, you were guaranteed to get three cards out of a specific pool of players with a high Speed rating. Additionally, the chances of getting golds and diamonds were doubled for those packs, with those odds being applied both to the 3 cards in the Speed pool, and to the 3 cards in the general pool. As well, there were flashbacks (featuring speedsters?) added to the game and those packs were the first place you could get them (and at a higher rate than they have been available since).

With the packs this weekend, in addition to new flashbacks, instead of a featured stat, the packs were listed as "highest rate of golds and diamonds". Unspecified, but presumably more than 2x, since there was no featured stat with the packs. This is consistent with the apparent influx of value cards, temporarily depressing card values on the market, nearly across the board.

Now, last week (IIRC) there were no flashbacks added and the packs had the same "highest rate of golds and diamonds" language added, and we didn't see the same effect on the market. Maybe the "highest rate" wasn't tweaked high enough, or maybe people bought fewer packs because there were no flashbacks.

It seems to me, there are 3 features SDS builds into these packs: higher-than-double drop rates; flashbacks; featured stats, and SDS chooses two of those features per pack type.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dang, the market is still at an all time low. Manny Machado has dropped significantly. Yesterday you were still able to get maybe around 60k now he's getting requests to sell for 45k.

These Ballin packs need to go ASAP lol
S

Mets Mets Mets. We Believe in Miracles!!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah, last Night I got scherzer for 19k and Chris Sale for 25k LMAO I've been loving these price drops

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »