Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #1169
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I hope this doesn’t become like EA NHL HUT. Once I finally stacked my team with top cards I lost more than won. Quite often I would dominate time of possession, time of attack, and outshoot my opponent 33-5 but lose 3-2....this seemed to take place when you played someone with a lesser team. Quite frustrating

Ever feel like the higher your rating mod is, the higher the difficulty the game becomes for you? Because I do
Old 07-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #1170
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Ever feel like the higher your rating mod is, the higher the difficulty the game becomes for you? Because I do
Yes but I thought that’s because they match you with better ranked players the higher your rating mod is. If that is the case I don’t agree with it because simply having a team of studs doesn’t make you stud....trust me I know lol.
The purpose of DD is to build a great team and compete so don’t punish us for having a good team simply match people based on ranking. I would rather have a good competitive fun game and lose than roll over my opponents or get rolled over constantly
Old 07-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #1171
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I’m convinced this game reacts to your line-up. I’m working on several things at once. I’m working on the Diamond Hardware Larkin mission, The Diamond Breakout Johnny Bench mission, The Gold Hardware Pujols mission, and the overall first baseman stats.
I can go 6-6 with all the silver and gold players (except Pujols) in my line up with racking up HRs, DBs, Runs, and RBIs but when my Larkin,Bench, or Pujols are up (individual same game stat missions) the CPU paints the black and I go 2-6 with those guys.....ugh

Also I let the CPU tie it up so I could keep going because Larkin needed just 1 more run to finish the same gane mission but as soon as they tied it and put a fresh top notch diamond reliever in the next batter fouls off 10 pitches until I walked him and the next better drills a 2 run HR off a good pitch......game over

EDIT:
just did it again. I’m winning 18-0 in the 7th so I put a position player on the mound and allow them to tie the game. I need 1RBI with Pujols....I bring in my stud Trevor Hoffman and he gives up a HR on the first pitch game over. Total 100% BS I out score the CPU 35+ to 0 in both games but after I force a tie to grind my missions they hit HRs to win the game off top notch pitchers I usually strike out the sides with. Please SDS stop the BS during games the grinds are long enough

Last edited by jake19ny; 07-17-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #1172
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Starting the event 9-1 after an 0-1 start. I've out hit every single opponent that I can remember with regards to # of base hits.

A couple thoughts on Immortals:

Griffey is hands down the best card in the game as he has 5 tools
Pujols and Chipper are 2a/2b...they absolutely mash the baseball

Cal & Piazza are really tough to hit with. Not sure if it's their swing but I've struggled really bad. Piazza especially has been tough. I'm 5/31 with Piazza with 2 HR. I actually feel like I hit the ball decent but I can't find open areas. Hitting .281 with Cal and 6 HR in 96 AB's which isn't horrible.

Seaver on the mound is the best pitcher in the game. The control, the movement, the pitch selection...the speed changes. Really happy I went for this pitcher first. Not even sure when I get another one if I even get one.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #1173
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Starting the event 9-1 after an 0-1 start. I've out hit every single opponent that I can remember with regards to # of base hits.

A couple thoughts on Immortals:

Griffey is hands down the best card in the game as he has 5 tools
Pujols and Chipper are 2a/2b...they absolutely mash the baseball

Cal & Piazza are really tough to hit with. Not sure if it's their swing but I've struggled really bad. Piazza especially has been tough. I'm 5/31 with Piazza with 2 HR. I actually feel like I hit the ball decent but I can't find open areas. Hitting .281 with Cal and 6 HR in 96 AB's which isn't horrible.

Seaver on the mound is the best pitcher in the game. The control, the movement, the pitch selection...the speed changes. Really happy I went for this pitcher first. Not even sure when I get another one if I even get one.
Did you hit good with diamond Piazza? Because I rake with him and would be pretty disappointed if his immortal card sucked haha
Old 07-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #1174
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Did you hit good with diamond Piazza? Because I rake with him and would be pretty disappointed if his immortal card sucked haha
I was going to ask the same....I crush with Diamond Piazza and Diamond Carter if the Immortal is worse what a kick in the groin. I’m alreasy finding some of the Gold cards we’re better than their Diamonds
Old 07-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #1175
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I was never that good with Piazza to begin with. I feel like he and Cal have a bit longer swing...but I might just be crazy.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #1176
Pro

FINALLY got Diamond Nen. That was not a fun grind. Now I've got another 41 saves to go before I can claim Immortal Wagner!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »