Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #1201
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

Finally!!!!!....completed the Same Game stats with Johnny Bench as the CPU finally allowed him to join the hit parade I’ve had going with my non mission players. Just need to finish up the overall stats mission which is almost done since it took so long to complete this mission.

Still have the Larkin Albatross to deal with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #1202
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

So....after countless games of struggling with Bench and Larkins same game missions while slugging with everyone else I completed Bench in my last game last night (post above) and completed Larkin in my first game today....I swear it feels like someone flicked a switch and they hit like everyone else in my line-up. I will easily be unlocking Immortal Piazza and Ripken and I’m doing well towards Immortal Pujols. Pretty sure as far as batters go I will lay off. I’ve done some work on Griffey but not sure I have the energy to go through this again.
Also nearly done with Immortal Ryan and Goose
Old 07-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #1203
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Just matched up against pitching_rebel in RS, who is the #1 player in the world.

I actually held my own and lost 10-6. His Babe hit 3 HR with 6 RBi...like you can't throw it in the zone or it's gone. He went up 3-0 in the top of the 1st. He's just unreal hitting the ball. You make a mistake he's hitting a home run.

The good news: I only went down 4 points lol. He goes from 1212 to 1215 and I went 850 to 846

Rant: Babe Ruth at 64 speed is an absolute joke. The OF run speed is absolutely off when guys like Babe run down lasers in the gap.

I also had Tony Gwynn in my lineup batting leadoff...which we all know is a disadvantage. I couldn've had a power guy but want to see how Gwynn does. Sucks it had to be against the #1 player in the world lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #1204
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Just matched up against pitching_rebel in RS, who is the #1 player in the world.

I actually held my own and lost 10-6. His Babe hit 3 HR with 6 RBi...like you can't throw it in the zone or it's gone. He went up 3-0 in the top of the 1st. He's just unreal hitting the ball. You make a mistake he's hitting a home run.

The good news: I only went down 4 points lol. He goes from 1212 to 1215 and I went 850 to 846

Rant: Babe Ruth at 64 speed is an absolute joke. The OF run speed is absolutely off when guys like Babe run down lasers in the gap.

I also had Tony Gwynn in my lineup batting leadoff...which we all know is a disadvantage. I couldn've had a power guy but want to see how Gwynn does. Sucks it had to be against the #1 player in the world lol
I've played him. He gave me the pipe.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:19 PM   #1205
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

Call me crazy but this is what I hate about sport games and maybe I’m the nut....today sport games are not about how good your team is or how good you are at the sport....but how good you are exploiting the game’s flaws. I’ve always hated that in order to hit in this game is not about patience and waiting for your pitch but rather just get the target where the ball is physics be damned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #1206
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I finished the exchanges for Seaver and unlocked him today. I'm 14 Nen saves and 15 jerseys away from unlocking Wagner, then I'll have all the immortals except Piazza, Chipper, and Gossage. I guess I'll work on Piazza next, need all of his exchanges though. Same with Chipper, but that will be a while, the Braves stuff is super expensive.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #1207
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Made is back to WS today. 3 of my 6 L's this season were against top 10 players. Feel pretty good where I'm at.

I share some of the same issues most do...well let's boil it down to one thing. The game doesn't play consistent. So many random things happen.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #1208
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I finished the exchanges for Seaver and unlocked him today. I'm 14 Nen saves and 15 jerseys away from unlocking Wagner, then I'll have all the immortals except Piazza, Chipper, and Gossage. I guess I'll work on Piazza next, need all of his exchanges though. Same with Chipper, but that will be a while, the Braves stuff is super expensive.
How in gods name did you find time to do all that. I finally obtained Immortal Ripken and maybe........maybe by mid August have immortal Piazza, Ryan, Gossage, and Pujols....I’ve been working on Piazza and Ryan since day 1 and I feel like I play a lot.......too much. I don’t know how anyone no matter how good they are could unlock all all the immortals with the exception of 3-4 without never leaving the house. God bless you and your dedication because these grinds and the game wears me out more than it is fun unlocking all these idiotic stats

Last edited by jake19ny; 07-22-2018 at 08:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »