Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #3009
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Finest DeGrom is like Verlander in his prime. Throws 100 with a 93mph slider and a change ... good luck. Cole, too.

Randomly, but Mookie really got the shaft this year. No Finest card, and his LS is subpar minus the ability to play 2b. With all the love they handed out to one year wonders, he deserved better. Same for Andruw Jones, who had one useless card.
I never had Betts in my collection long enough to really use him but I hit very well with him in a a couple Battle Royales, coincidentally my best runs. 20 games, .353 with 2 HR, 3 RBI, 1 SB, and 7 R. I had him at 1 or 2 for the most part.

Bearing in mind I rarely played RS after July or so, my favorite SP were AS Robbie Ray (tough to control but his curve was lethal), breakout Eckersley, signature Ryan and Bumgarner, and live Corbin.

Another guy I hated using was live Nola, and of course the legendarily bad signature Sabathia.

Also, I think I realized why live Verlander seems so bad: his HR/9 is only 50! If you miss at all you’re liable to get lit up.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:53 AM   #3010
MVP

ph33's Arena

me watching eric gagne's price shoot into the 700s with 600k minimum sell now

Old 12-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #3011
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
me watching eric gagne's price shoot into the 700s with 600k minimum sell now

That’s insane ... totally missed the boat on him. Kimbrel in the mid 3’s and I had a bid of 80K on him like a month ago when he dropped below six figures for a hot second. That’s me cringing the other way.

If I just used all my stubs to by everyone at the market bottom out I’d be a multi-millionaire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #3012
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Why did the prices on them blow up?
Old 12-24-2019, 07:47 PM   #3013
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Why did the prices on them blow up?
Stub sales plus supply. Everyone stopped taking Kimbrel after Chipper and Ruth were released. The 12-0 rewards are already rare so Gagne shot up since the stub sales are inflating the stubs available. Most people still playing are probably willing to just buy whoever they wanna use now that the game is essentially dead.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:10 AM   #3014
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

With Honus and just about every other collection complete, I have very little left to play for. Plus, my 240K stubs get me like half of Kimbrel, so they’re mostly useless unless I keep grinding. And for what?

I’m not upset that I’ve played this game for days and days according to my profile. They did an awesome job with DD. But I’m just logging in out of habit now and I think it’s about time for NBA or Stranding or some other game.

I’d love to get to World Series, but I’m just being realistic having never broken 600 before.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:45 AM   #3015
MVP

ph33's Arena

What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
With Honus and just about every other collection complete, I have very little left to play for. Plus, my 240K stubs get me like half of Kimbrel, so they’re mostly useless unless I keep grinding. And for what?

I’m not upset that I’ve played this game for days and days according to my profile. They did an awesome job with DD. But I’m just logging in out of habit now and I think it’s about time for NBA or Stranding or some other game.

I’d love to get to World Series, but I’m just being realistic having never broken 600 before.

The rewards up to 1500 aren't that good. i think there are three past bosses you can get but they are probably not expensive anyways

I will still play a game once in a while because smashing home runs will always be fun but yeah, no real goals left

tbh there aren't really any other games I care to play which is probably why I stuck as long as I have. I can only deal with playing with 2k randoms so much, mlb is what I have if my friends aren't on for other ****

Last edited by ph33; 12-28-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 07:42 AM   #3016
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

After seeing the rest of the 11th Inning, I think I’m good. Was hoping for Kimbrel or Babe or something worth grinding out a thousand-plus points. No hard feelings, Diamond Dynasty was a blast for me but all things must come to an end.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »