Home

Lack of Pitching/Hitting balance?

This is a discussion on Lack of Pitching/Hitting balance? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Lack of Pitching/Hitting balance?

Now let me first state that I'm very new to DD. This is my first year playing it, although been playing The Show for about a decade now. This isn't a complaint, just an observation.

What's been striking to me has been, at least in my experience, the lack of balance between hitting and pitching.

I've been playing ranked seasons, I'm 6-19. I suck. I do not mind losing at all. But every game seems to be a 1-0, 2-0 loss. I'm currently hitting .172, despite having an incredible lineup with four players 90+. But no one can seem to hit anything I throw either.

My last five games:
  • I lost 1-0. Gave up only 4 hits... but was no-hit
  • I lost 3-0... gave up 7 hits, got only 1 hit
  • I won 1-0... gave up 4 hits, got 5
  • I won 1-0.... gave up 2 hits and held a no-no through 8. Got 5
  • I lost 1-0 in 13 innings... thew a no-hitter through 12! Got 5 hits

It just seems that if you throw 95+ high in the zone, and then mix in offspeed low and away, you are un-hittable. Is this the DD meta, or am I doing something wrong? I suspect I'm not doing myself any favors playing Pure Analog with Stride, but that wouldn't explain why no one can hit me either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of Pitching/Hitting balance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Now let me first state that I'm very new to DD. This is my first year playing it, although been playing The Show for about a decade now. This isn't a complaint, just an observation.

What's been striking to me has been, at least in my experience, the lack of balance between hitting and pitching.

I've been playing ranked seasons, I'm 6-19. I suck. I do not mind losing at all. But every game seems to be a 1-0, 2-0 loss. I'm currently hitting .172, despite having an incredible lineup with four players 90+. But no one can seem to hit anything I throw either.

My last five games:
  • I lost 1-0. Gave up only 4 hits... but was no-hit
  • I lost 3-0... gave up 7 hits, got only 1 hit
  • I won 1-0... gave up 4 hits, got 5
  • I won 1-0.... gave up 2 hits and held a no-no through 8. Got 5
  • I lost 1-0 in 13 innings... thew a no-hitter through 12! Got 5 hits

It just seems that if you throw 95+ high in the zone, and then mix in offspeed low and away, you are un-hittable. Is this the DD meta, or am I doing something wrong? I suspect I'm not doing myself any favors playing Pure Analog with Stride, but that wouldn't explain why no one can hit me either.
Thats very likely why you cant score. Youre probably not giving up runs because youre playing other low ranked guys that arent all that great either.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

Analog with stride online is a huge handicap unless you're insanely - and I mean insanely - good at the game.

There's a natural latency already because their servers suck. Add in the fact that the latest patch absolutely knackered the timing window and you're going to struggle badly with analog+stride.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:53 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
Analog with stride online is a huge handicap unless you're insanely - and I mean insanely - good at the game.

There's a natural latency already because their servers suck. Add in the fact that the latest patch absolutely knackered the timing window and you're going to struggle badly with analog+stride.
What would you recommend I use instead?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:56 PM   #5
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
What would you recommend I use instead?
Zone. You have the most control over the outcomes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Zone. You have the most control over the outcomes
Wow.... like taking a weight off the bat. Won all three games using zone, including my last one where I won 10-0, with 14 hits and 4 bombs.

It's a shame because I've always used pure analog. Find it to be more intuitive and rewarding. But no sense in using it if it's going to hamstring me to that extent online.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
MVP

papadell's Arena

I love analog. Something about using the stick to swing and I agree it just feels better.

You can get away with playing with regular analog no stride onlin to a point. I made it to CS using it before but even with zone being broken right now it's still the best way to be competitive online
Old 03-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
I love analog. Something about using the stick to swing and I agree it just feels better.

You can get away with playing with regular analog no stride onlin to a point. I made it to CS using it before but even with zone being broken right now it's still the best way to be competitive online
How is zone broken online? When using Analog Flick, did you keep Zone on? I kind of liked being able to place the PCI this morning, and I feel like Flick and Button Press are essentially the same, no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »