Home

Maximum Football 18 releases on July 31, are you buying?

This is a discussion on Maximum Football 18 releases on July 31, are you buying? within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you be buying the game?
Yes for PS4 13 30.95%
Yes for Xbox One 5 11.90%
Yes for PC 4 9.52%
No 20 47.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Maximum Football 18 releases on July 31, are you buying?

Madden has been uninspiring to me for several years and I'm not big on franchise mode so I'll probably take a look.

Does anybody know if there will be an "American football option" (primarily "four downs vs three" and "eleven on eleven" vs "twelve on twelve")?

EDIT: I just saw on one of the videos where you can change the rules from the default "Pro Canadian" to "Modified US Pro" or "Modified US College".

Last edited by JayBee74; 07-27-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #10
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
For me personally it's about supporting a passionate development team, so they can have the funding to do exactly what you described. Plus they have already stated their first patch will be do a Logo Editor. I have never heard of anyone patching in something like that.
This ^ I will buy this and Axis both on console just to support these devs , who are at least trying to make a more simulation style franchise and football game. Sure they dont have the large team like EA, but this is how bigger companies start out . Anything is possible, but only if we support them.

Can't be complaining about EA and Madden if not willing to support someone else at least trying.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I didn't realize this was the title w/out franchise, will check on it later in the football season maybe to see how it's received, but at launch it's a no, especially in proximity to the Madden release.

My Madden alternative this season will be Mutant League now that it's added franchise, probably double dip and get it on the Switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
For me personally it's about supporting a passionate development team, so they can have the funding to do exactly what you described. Plus they have already stated their first patch will be do a Logo Editor. I have never heard of anyone patching in something like that.
Their post release support was pretty good last year, too. There were a few things people still wanted fixed but the dev did fix some issues people were having with the passing game and patched in a season mode and put some league mod tools out there.

I'll probably buy it again on PC if/when it releases on that platform. CPU DB coverage on the deep ball was really my only major issue with last year's game.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #13
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I didn't realize this was the title w/out franchise, will check on it later in the football season maybe to see how it's received, but at launch it's a no, especially in proximity to the Madden release.

My Madden alternative this season will be Mutant League now that it's added franchise, probably double dip and get it on the Switch.
There is a season mode!
Old 07-31-2018, 12:07 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Any price on this game yet? I don't see it in "coming soon" games for my Xbox One.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:38 AM   #15
Pro

I believe it's $17 for both platforms. PC won't be Steamed out until late August/early September.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 01:42 AM   #16
Pro

It's posted on Xbox Live now; Sony may not update until tomorrow early evening, if past is prologue on updating their store.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »