Home

College Dynasty Rosters

This is a discussion on College Dynasty Rosters within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16
College Dynasty Rosters

As some of you know I have the honor of working with the Maximum Football team on this years version and am working specifically on the College Dynasty rosters. For those that know of my work with the OSFM and Full minors rosters and now working with the amazing baseball sim Out Of The Park Baseball know that when it comes to rosters we take it serious and strive for realism. Before the Show and baseball rosters i was part of the old NCAA community rosters and actually released versions of my own years and years ago. Last year i dipped back into Football rosters with Madden 19 Draft classes. Playing last years version of this game and seeing the potential has me super excited about what this game is going to bring back to all of us who miss college football gaming.

I want this thread for you all to express ideas and share some cool thoughts on what kind of teams and players you want to see in this fictional college dynasty.

Make no mistake this roster will have sleeper teams, sleeper players, award winning candidates, teams that rival pro offenses and teams that struggle to win games. Each team will have players capable of having a big game any day, some on the national radar. This will be a living breathing world of college football. Thanks to all who have put their faith in me to help with this great game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: College Dynasty Rosters

Huge thanks to Ridin for helping us out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 07-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
As some of you know I have the honor of working with the Maximum Football team on this years version and am working specifically on the College Dynasty rosters. For those that know of my work with the OSFM and Full minors rosters and now working with the amazing baseball sim Out Of The Park Baseball know that when it comes to rosters we take it serious and strive for realism. Before the Show and baseball rosters i was part of the old NCAA community rosters and actually released versions of my own years and years ago. Last year i dipped back into Football rosters with Madden 19 Draft classes. Playing last years version of this game and seeing the potential has me super excited about what this game is going to bring back to all of us who miss college football gaming.

I want this thread for you all to express ideas and share some cool thoughts on what kind of teams and players you want to see in this fictional college dynasty.

Make no mistake this roster will have sleeper teams, sleeper players, award winning candidates, teams that rival pro offenses and teams that struggle to win games. Each team will have players capable of having a big game any day, some on the national radar. This will be a living breathing world of college football. Thanks to all who have put their faith in me to help with this great game!
Love to see a few pro style teams that have the personnel to run that system - especially FBs that can play since they have been de-emphasized so much in the college game.

Also, some "older" style rosters... for example: West Coast built roster with a corresponding playbook to match.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

OVR: 0

I might be stating the obvious here, but I'd like to see a wide variety of team types based on ratings. For example, I'd like to see teams with the following characteristics:
-Strong Offense, Weak Defense
-Weak Offense, Strong Defense
-Strong Passing Attack (Highly Rated QB & WRs), Weak Running Game (Low Rated RB & FB) - Offensive gameplan would be Spread or Air Raid
-Weak Passing Attack (Low Rated QB & WRs), Strong Running Game (High Rated RB & FB) - Offensive gameplan would be Smash Mouth or Option
-Strong Front Seven, Weak Secondary
-Weak Front Seven, Strong Secondary
-Balanced Teams (No particular strengths or weaknesses)
-Cupcake Teams (Weak in every category)
-Juggernaut Teams (Strong in every category, think Bama & Clemson)
-Any combination of the above

As far as the players themselves, I'd like to see an emphasis on different categories of players based on ratings. For example:
-Scrambling QB vs Pocket Passer
-Power RB vs Speed RB
-Possession Receiver vs. Speed Receiver
-Receiving TE vs. Blocking TE
-Run Blocking OL vs. Pass Blocking OL
-Run Stuffing DL vs. Pass Rushing DL
-Run Stopper LB vs. Coverage LB
-Hard Hitting S vs. Coverage S
-Man CB vs. Zone CB
-Balanced for any of the above

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Houston Rockets

Old 07-06-2019, 04:24 PM   #5
Just started!

Hey I am new to the Maximum Football scene but I am familiar with OSFM from MLB The Show. Just a quick question OSFM rosters were creating the real prospects and adding them to the game. With Maximum Football would it be the same way, creating the actual players and programs from real life? Or will these rosters be purely fictional?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #6
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Will you also be in charge of coming up with the ratings of the recruiting players?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
Rookie

olliedathird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domald
Hey I am new to the Maximum Football scene but I am familiar with OSFM from MLB The Show. Just a quick question OSFM rosters were creating the real prospects and adding them to the game. With Maximum Football would it be the same way, creating the actual players and programs from real life? Or will these rosters be purely fictional?
100% fictional.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
I might be stating the obvious here, but I'd like to see a wide variety of team types based on ratings. For example, I'd like to see teams with the following characteristics:
-Strong Offense, Weak Defense
-Weak Offense, Strong Defense
-Strong Passing Attack (Highly Rated QB & WRs), Weak Running Game (Low Rated RB & FB) - Offensive gameplan would be Spread or Air Raid
-Weak Passing Attack (Low Rated QB & WRs), Strong Running Game (High Rated RB & FB) - Offensive gameplan would be Smash Mouth or Option
-Strong Front Seven, Weak Secondary
-Weak Front Seven, Strong Secondary
-Balanced Teams (No particular strengths or weaknesses)
-Cupcake Teams (Weak in every category)
-Juggernaut Teams (Strong in every category, think Bama & Clemson)
-Any combination of the above

As far as the players themselves, I'd like to see an emphasis on different categories of players based on ratings. For example:
-Scrambling QB vs Pocket Passer
-Power RB vs Speed RB
-Possession Receiver vs. Speed Receiver
-Receiving TE vs. Blocking TE
-Run Blocking OL vs. Pass Blocking OL
-Run Stuffing DL vs. Pass Rushing DL
-Run Stopper LB vs. Coverage LB
-Hard Hitting S vs. Coverage S
-Man CB vs. Zone CB
-Balanced for any of the above

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

This. Honestly, diversity will be huge. Obviously, some teams will share a similarity in their composition, but some variation in talent will set teams apart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »