Home

Anybody else did not buy Madden to purchase this game instead?

This is a discussion on Anybody else did not buy Madden to purchase this game instead? within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Anybody else did not buy Madden to purchase this game instead?

We're the first ones to reiterate what is being said in these threads. If you're expecting EA or 2K quality of a game - you'll be disappointed. You got the game being built by one person compared to games that are built by public companies with massive resources.

Buy last year's game and buy this year's - see the comparison. Judge us from year to year.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 09-23-2019, 07:24 PM   #10
Rookie

BleachYourWork's Arena

OVR: 0

What new game?

Sent from my SM-J337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't bought madden in several years now. Always been more of a college football guy.

Not expecting this to be AAA quality. Just hoping for a playable game with those cool dynasty features that are being shown in the trailers and screenshots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 11:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Y'all really have to temper your expectations for this game... As long as it's solid then I'm on board... They don't have nearly the resources or the team to directly compete with Madden... If it has the depth of a game like OOTP then it'll be great to just sim and handle the day to day stuff... It's only gonna be 30 bucks so I'm on board with this effort...
Old 09-24-2019, 08:14 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
We're the first ones to reiterate what is being said in these threads. If you're expecting EA or 2K quality of a game - you'll be disappointed. You got the game being built by one person compared to games that are built by public companies with massive resources.

Buy last year's game and buy this year's - see the comparison. Judge us from year to year.
I agree with this 100%. This game is a huge step in the right direction. It will only get better, more robust, and cater to user needs and wants over the next few years.

However, you can bet your bottom dollar a few certain well known youtubers will be doing their best to compare what this game does different and perhaps better than Madden. This is where people will get the impression that this game should be compared to Madden or 2K. They will go over frame by frame animations and other items just to show on a daily basis almost how this game got it "right" and how bad Madden still is.

I know the developer has no control over this, but I do think there will be unfair comparison videos coming which will only stoke the flames of EA vs any competitor or other football game option.

C
Old 09-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #14
Maximum Football Team

On the flip side, there are also well known game reviewers that ignore facts like the size of the team compared to EA, and will do direct comparisons to Madden - then rate the game low based on that.

We've already seen this before. Previous editions of our work have been compared directly with Madden resulting in low scores. These reviews had a direct negative impact on investment opportunities.

It only takes one person or one group looking for click revenue to blow up everything we've been working on for the past year.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckPlay
On the flip side, there are also well known game reviewers that ignore facts like the size of the team compared to EA, and will do direct comparisons to Madden - then rate the game low based on that.

We've already seen this before. Previous editions of our work have been compared directly with Madden resulting in low scores. These reviews had a direct negative impact on investment opportunities.

It only takes one person or one group looking for click revenue to blow up everything we've been working on for the past year.
Yep...I agree. The reviewers work both sides of the fence. Hard to find impartial reviews often. Seems most have an agenda.

I take the reviews for what they are...opinion in many cases. I'll read actual user reviews, and plenty of them, before I spend any money on any title. What works for user A may not jive with what I am looking for or care about.

All we can do is hope all titles get a fair shake with facts as opposed to emotion and agendas.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #16
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

This will be my primary football game purchase this year. I still may pickup the other game on the cheap around the holidays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »