Home

Madden shook a little??

This is a discussion on Madden shook a little?? within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden shook a little??

Man, it is very very Interesting to me how this little football game has EA shaking in their boots a little. Dont believe me?
Look their just released update: It is... by FAR the biggest and longest update I have seen in years. Even though DFMF19 is an indie title, there must be some rumblings going on up there in Orlando. They may have to now look over their shoulders. Cuz eventhough this is a small team, it is a passionate team. And heart wins out every time.

I am just loving this to see how freaking HUGE the Madden patch is. I stopped buying Madden after '18. It hurt to reject it after all these years, being a Madden diehard since 1990. It just became too bare bones, too micro-transaction based. I have every single John Madden Football game since the first John Madden on Sega Genesis (which I still have and it works too, lol). So I know what I am saying.

This is a really good sign. Canuck Play: keep at it. Competition always breeds innovation and creativity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden shook a little??

Please stop. This game is years away from competing with Madden

I promise you the patch they released has NOTHING to do with this game
Old 10-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #3
Rookie

ndawg2901's Arena

Madden shook a little??

post deleted

Last edited by ndawg2901; 10-03-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

They don't care about us.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 10-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

EA doesn't care about their own fan base. I doubt they even know what is going on in their own building, let alone out in the real world. Their game is an animation based disaster. Until they figure out how to fix the mess they created, they will not get any money or time from my household for any product. They had their last shot and blew it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 10:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

The original post is ridiculous. I don't play Madden but to think they are even the slightest bit worried about this game is laughable. I'm not sure what goes through the minds of people when they make crazy threads like this. Smh.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Do I agree with the OP on this; yes and no. I'm going to take you back to Business/Marketing 101 to discuss why:

In Business/Marketing 101, you learn that one of the most important things a company can do as far as knowing and sustaining its position in the marketplace is something called SWOT analysis. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Most companies the size of EA have an ENTIRE department dedicated to just this practice. So, it's extremely short sighted to say that "EA doesn't care in the slightest." They absolutely do care, just not as much as the OP thinks. Maximum Football in its current state would not force EA to change really anything about Madden, not its release, not its coding and definitely not its marketing. But, you'd be a fool to think that it isn't on their radar. Once/if the game gets bigger and better or begins to challenge in an area they (EA) are soft, or getting softer on; then the real fun will begin. If the team procures a license of some sort (outside of the CFL which EA has shown no real interest in, so we're talking NCAA, or to a lesser extent XFL, or Arena) things will change as far as EA's interest (worry is absolutely the wrong word. EA is a multi-million dollar studio, they won't worry about an indie game shutting their doors.) Right now they know the game exists and probably know more about it than folks think or give them credit for; it's just not going to change how they operate.

So; in a nutshell, that's why I both agree and disagree with the OP. Is it on their radar or are they even "the slightest bit worried about it," absolutely; they would be foolhardy not to be. But will it change their locomotion and the "gravy train" that is Madden yearly release; absolutely not. At least, not at this juncture
Old 10-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

There have been monster Madden patches every year. It's not because of competition, but to 'patch' the considerable issues with their game.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »