Home

The Hunt - A Houston Cougar Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Hunt - A Houston Cougar Dynasty within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
The Hunt - A Houston Cougar Dynasty

Austin Goes To Houston
Houston, TX (AP)
It has been seventeen years since the Houston Cougars finished a season ranked in the Top 25.

And it has been twenty-seven years since they last won a bowl game.

A coaching change was demanded by the fans and boosters alike. Now they have a new reason to cheer on their Cougars on Saturdays. Coach Sam Austin has been hired to bring a championship attitude and discipline to the University of Houston.

"I would like to thank the University of Houston for the chance to build their football program into a championship contender. I am not much for making speeches, so I will let our team do the talking on the field. Go Cougars!"

Austin brings 8 years of coaching experience from Central High School in Columbus, Ohio. While at Central his record was 97-3 with five D-1state championships.

He runs an aggressive 3-4 Defense and a Run Balanced Offense. He is also a highly focused and disciplined individual. His desire to win is only topped by his refusal to lose, no matter the odds. It should be an interesting journey, since his first college game will be in Eugene, Oregon against Dennis Dixon and the Oregon Ducks.

Prediction-
Oregon 38
Houston 21

Last edited by marktg30; 02-24-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
Banned

Re: The Hunt - A Houston Cougar Dynasty

O-ver Rated

- Houston Destroys Oregon 45 - 0-

...And just like that, he became a legend... Well, in Houston anyway. Coach Austin led a highly under-estimated team into Eugene where the only people that thought Houston stood a chance happened to be standing on the Houston Sideline.

Led by running back Anthony Aldridge's 19 carries for 143 yards and two touchdowns, Houston dominated the Ducks in every facet of the game.

The Ducks were held to 154 total offensive yards and Dixon was intercepted twice (both for touchdowns). The Ducks had the ball in the red-zone 3 times and never managed to score. Missing two field goals from inside thirty yards and a late turnover on downs in the 4th quarter spelled their demise.

"I'm proud of our boys. They came into this game physically over-matched and managed to put that out of their minds. Personally, I think we got awfully lucky having this pouring rain today. Dixon was essentially immobile and that ball seemed to be really slick for him."

Apparently, when it rains, it pours. Coach Austin also had two commits immediately after the game. That should make the trip back to Texas a little more relaxing.

Next week is an off week for the Cougars. Week three will bring the Cougars into their first C-USA contest against Tulane.

Prediction
Houston 42
Tulane 24
Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
Banned

Re: The Hunt - A Houston Cougar Dynasty

Cougars On A Roll
Beating Tulane 52-17

It was made obvious after the first Tulane possession that Houston was not about to let their big win over Oregon make them lazy.

Anthony Aldridge returned the first Tulane punt 81 yards for a touchdown. And then, just to prove the point, he returned the next punt 60 yards for another touchdown.
By the end of the game, he racked up 347 all-purpose yards and 4 touchdowns (108 yards rushing).

"We played well today. Aldridge is looking like he wants that Heisman and the rest of the team is playing very well. Our defense managed to let up a little bit in the second half and Tulane scored on us. Our defense doesn't need me to tell them about that, though. They are more angry than I am."

Next week will be the home opener for Houston (2-0) when they play
Colorado St. (1-1).

Prediction
Houston 24
Colorado State 21

(Note: Anthony Aldridge was named NCAA Offensive Player of the Week for Week 3)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »