Home

*Ready For the Future* An NHL Be A Pro

This is a discussion on *Ready For the Future* An NHL Be A Pro within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35
*Ready For the Future* An NHL Be A Pro

January 9th, 2006

Well, walking home again couldn't be too bad, could it? Yet again my dad's old pick up truck broke down before i could get out of the parking lot of the rink, and as I was walking home, I got splashed completely splashed by a nearby car. As the water stinged my eyes, I could just barely make out what kind of car it was, a BMW. Man, do I want to get a new car.

I picked up my pace this time, trying to shorten the time, hoping not to get splashed again. Whenever I saw a car coming, I'd slide more out from the sidewalk. Man, do I wish I have a car. But, car cost money, gas costs money, upgrades cost money. Everything in this world costs me money. Where I'd get that money is what is troubling me. Asking my parents wouldn't help, that's how I got the dump of a truck. My job at Sportscheck was only around $50 dollars per week. I couldn't use that money, it's for college.

Then again, there's always hockey. I'm planning on going to play College Hockey in Michigan before heading off to the NHL. I don't think I'm good enough for the National Hockey League but that I'm good enough for College Hockey. As I walked up to my porch, I looked up at the star covered sky, closed my eyes and walked into the house.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Re: *Ready For the Future* An NHL Be A Pro

"Jason are you going to watch the draft with us or what" said my mother.

"Ehhh, I guess" I said I slowly walked out of the kitchen. I wasn't feeling too swell at the time.

"The St.Louis Blue are proud to take defensemen Erik Johnson with the 1st Overall Pick" said the television.

I watched as the blond young man walked up to the podium to take his Blue, yellow and white jersey and his St.Louis Blue hat. On the back it read: 06, Johnson.

"Your favorite team is picking next" my father said as he slouched on the chair.

The Pittsburgh Penguins had always been my favorite team, even if they haven't made he playoffs in a while, now that Sidney Crosby had a years expierence and there were rumours that Evgeni Malkin, NO.2 overall in the 2004 Entry Draft is coming to play, it's gonna be a great season to watch.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to draft Jordan Staal from the Peterborough Petes" the television yet again said.

Another blond boy, this time much taller, walked up to the podium and shook hands with an older gentlemen before donning a black, gold and white jersey and a hat with a Penguin playing with a hockey stick.

My dream was to don that jersey as well, but that seems way to deep into the future.

"Well, it says here he's supposed to be the third out of four brothers to be drafted" my father said as he picked up a magazine off the table.

Of course I already knew that. I had spent a little while watching Eric Staal, the oldest of the four brothers go on to win the Stanley Cup after the Penguins failed to make the playoffs. I never really did watch Marc Staal, who was with the Rangers, but he is the only defensemen out of the four, so he's sure to be a threat at all times.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 44

this is cool but if i'm not mistaken it goes Eric Jordan Marc Jared not Eric Marc Jordan Jared but this is cool im pumped for mine
Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3
this is cool but if i'm not mistaken it goes Eric Jordan Marc Jared not Eric Marc Jordan Jared but this is cool im pumped for mine
Nah, sorry, Marc is older than Jordan and got drafted before him.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

"Jason, over here, sit with us" she said.

"Oh, sure" I responded.

"What have you been up to, you never called during Christmas break" she said.

"Oh, I was pretty busy I guess" I said, looking straight at my burger I bought from the cafeteria.

The noise in the cafeteria was humungous. Must be since everyone is returning from vacation, showing off their new stuff. Me, hah, my parents would never care about me enough to get me something cool. I'd usually just get socks or boxers while other people are getting golden watches or cellphones or if they're old enough, fancy new cars.

Jenna, the girl I'm talking to, had always not cared about what you look like or what cool stuff you had, but what kind of person you were. She was cool like that.

"So, you want to hang out after school?" she asked, looking awkwardly at my face.

"Umm, I don't think I can, unless you have skates and are willing to come over to the rink" I said, smirking just a little to be noticed.

Then suddenly, Josh and Drake burst from the huge cluster of kids. Both of them played on the Varsity Hockey team at their school ands were both being scouted. Yet, personality wise, they're both real jerks.

"Why would you need to go to rink, you have no talent what so ever, shrimpfry" Josh said while poking me in the chest.

I wasn't a shrimp what so ever, but compared to them, I was an ant just waiting to be squashed. Both of them looked like they were mounting 6'6 while I was just trying to hit 6'0.

"Didn't you here, dork, we're probably going to be 1st and 2nd Overall in next year's draft" Drake said, while pointing his nose to the ceiling.

"But, I thought most General Managers pick good players for the 1st Overall pick" Jenna said, jumping out of her chair.

"What are you talking about honey, we're nothing but skill" Drake said while stepping a tiny bit closer to Jenna.

Usually I'm a quiet,calm guy, but at that moment, I just snapped.

"Then, why aren't you in Juniors yet genius" I said, slowly mounting from my chair.

"What'd you say twerp?" Josh said, pushing his chest from the rest of his body.

"You heard me, your no where near 1st Overall, I bet you $50 that Patrick Kane is going to be taken 1st" I said, lashing out my face toward his.

Now a group of kids were surrounding us, all looking to see what will happen.

"Deal, but let's make this a little more interesting?" Josh said while smirking.

"Sure, name your terms" I said, feeling a little braver then usual.

"Since your on the junior hockey team and I'm on Varsity, whoever gets the most points gets $100 bucks, plus the $50 about the draft" Josh said.

"Deal" I responded quickly.

As the crowd started to flush out of the cafeteria, I just stood there, remembering that was a $150 I didn't have.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

this is good, keep writing, im following
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet
Nah, sorry, Marc is older than Jordan and got drafted before him.
oh ok I guess that Jordan entered the league before him but this is sweet i'm ready for mine almost.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

June 22, 2007 - Day Of The NHL Draft

Well, today was the day that my future was riding on. I needed Patrick Kane to be picked 1st Overall in the Draft. Rick and I had decided to call off the whole most goals bet, but the Draft went over to $250. Kyle Turris was ranked to be the 1st Overall pick in the draft which only gave me more to worry about. I had decided not to watch the draft with my family this year, going over to Jenna's this time.

"Hey, Jason, glad you made it" she said as she welcomed me in.

"Hmm, oh, sure, cool" I said, not quite catching what she said.

"Are you thinking about the bet?" she said quietly.

"Kind of, I just want to get this over with" I responded.

"I can lend you some money" she said.

"I couldn't do that to you Jenna" I said as a smile burned onto my face.

"I wouldn't mind Jason, we've been friend's since Kindergarten" she said while waving her finger at me.

"Hey, I haven't lost just yet" I said, with a small chuckle in my voice.

We decided to walk inside to see what the Blackhawks would use for their 1st Overall Pick.

"The Chicago Blackhawks are proud to take with the 1st Overall pick.....Patrick Kane of the London Knights" said the television.

I nearly leapt from my chair when I heard Patrick Kane's name. Not only had I just avoided losing $200 I actually just gained $200 extra dollars that could help out my family.

We had been running low on money and now that I may have another brother or sister coming along, we needed every penny we could get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »