Home

Reviving Gridiron Glory - mini-doc about how the Community kept a series alive

This is a discussion on Reviving Gridiron Glory - mini-doc about how the Community kept a series alive within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2023, 06:07 PM   #1
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Reviving Gridiron Glory - mini-doc about how the Community kept a series alive

What's up fellas! J-Kits here....

Seeing that we're only a year away from having a college football game back on the market, I became intentional on shining the light on all of you guys here in the OS community. The last decade we've held on tight lol, and built an amazing camaraderie through our love for the NCAA FB titles. So I spent the last 2 weeks creating a 3 part mini-docu-series, all about those past ten years and all that we've built in-between.

Check out part 1, and you can see part 2 & 3 on on my YouTube channel. I've thoroughly enjoyed our ride, and yet it begins again in only 365.

- Jkits

Last edited by jkits; 06-20-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2023, 11:25 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Reviving Gridiron Glory - mini-doc about how the Community kept a series alive

Really great first video. Really looking forward to watching the rest. I will just say that I had not played an NCAA football game in 6 or 7 years until stumbling on OS and discovering all that this community had done with the editor (among other things).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-16-2023, 05:43 PM   #3
Pro

jkits's Arena

Re: Reviving Gridiron Glory - mini-doc about how the Community kept a series alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
Really great first video. Really looking forward to watching the rest. I will just say that I had not played an NCAA football game in 6 or 7 years until stumbling on OS and discovering all that this community had done with the editor (among other things).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yea I agree man. This thing we've got over here at OS is truly built by us, for us
Old 06-18-2023, 12:13 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
What's up fellas! J-Kits here....

Seeing that we're only a year away from having a college football game back on the market, I became intentional on shining the light on all of you guys here in the OS community. The last decade we've held on tight lol, and built an amazing camaraderie through our love for the NCAA FB titles. So I spent the last 2 weeks creating a 3 part mini-docu-series, all about those past ten years and all that we've built in-between.

Check out part 1, and you can see part 2 & 3 on Friday & Saturday respectively. I've thoroughly enjoyed our ride, and yet it begins again in only 365.

- Jkits

I legitimately spent more time editing that game and then watching it play out, than I did actually playing...and I loved doing it. It's been a fun ride indeed, but I'm looking mich forward to the new game on current gen.
Old 06-18-2023, 09:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I legitimately spent more time editing that game and then watching it play out, than I did actually playing...and I loved doing it. It's been a fun ride indeed, but I'm looking mich forward to the new game on current gen.
Yeah, I hope the new game revives this board. I miss chatting and hypothesizing with all of you. '14 just ran it's course, with me. I'm obsessed with NCAA '06 NEXT at the moment. Highly encourage anyone to join us in the discord if you miss "the process" of tinkering. It allows for so much customization. It would at least give you something to mess with until the new one comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2023, 08:20 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I hope the new game revives this board. I miss chatting and hypothesizing with all of you. '14 just ran it's course, with me. I'm obsessed with NCAA '06 NEXT at the moment. Highly encourage anyone to join us in the discord if you miss "the process" of tinkering. It allows for so much customization. It would at least give you something to mess with until the new one comes out.
Same here. NCAA 06 Next will actually be my college game of choice this fall, along with the Early Access Maximum Football when it releases. I think this time next summer, this board will be jumping!
Old 06-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #7
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Man, same here lol. I think we've all given some level of sweat equity to these titles. For me, making this mini-doc was my farewell to the past titles as we look towards next summer. I may have to try 06 NEXT tho!
Old 06-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #8
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yea man me too. I think we'll all be back once we officially see game trailers emerge etc. Looking forward to it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »