Home

More updated uni's in the game than ever before?

This is a discussion on More updated uni's in the game than ever before? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
More updated uni's in the game than ever before?

For those of you who follow the college football thread, you may have noticed that a number of schools (BYU, Clemson, Georgia, and Pitt) have already shown off their new uniforms for 2005. In the past EA has had a problem with schools announcing uniform changes after the deadline for the games artwork to be finalized.

My question is this:do you think it's possible that EA's exclusive deal with the NCAA could already be having an effect, i.e. is it possible that the NCAA is encouraging these schools to cooperate with EA and make these announcments early so EA can include the new looks in this years game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: More updated uni's in the game than ever before?

I think that's going to be the case, although I wouldn't be too upset if they "accidentally" forget to put in those horrible Clemson jerseys.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: More updated uni's in the game than ever before?

BYU's "new" unis are not really new at all. In other words, they're going back the the uniform they wore all through the 80's and 90's, along with the helmet logo. I'm pumped, and hope EA includes these. They've done a great job in the past updating uniforms.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:54 AM   #4
Rookie

actually EA has done a terrible job with uniform updates. they also suck at stadium updates too. k-state put in field turf 3 years ago and they still had turf for 05. EA needs to pull their heads out of their asses
Old 04-16-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

shanemaddox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefall
actually EA has done a terrible job with uniform updates. they also suck at stadium updates too. k-state put in field turf 3 years ago and they still had turf for 05. EA needs to pull their heads out of their asses
Out of the 6 screenshots I saw on GameSpy, 4 uniforms/helmets were wrong. Simple things like Miami of Florida with black socks, WVU's font for the numbers, Mississippi State's helmet is wrong (but they did update the uniforms..weird). I wish I could work for them in this area. I would do it for free.

Shane
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemaddox
Out of the 6 screenshots I saw on GameSpy, 4 uniforms/helmets were wrong. Simple things like Miami of Florida with black socks, WVU's font for the numbers, Mississippi State's helmet is wrong (but they did update the uniforms..weird). I wish I could work for them in this area. I would do it for free.

Shane
You have to realize these things are a constant work in progress. Those screenshots more than likely came from an early build of the game, so you'll see lots of things that aren't quite polished. I'm sure by the time E3 rolls around many of our questions will be answered.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Fair enough, ADW. But EA has regularly botched the details on Nebraska's uniforms -- and they do this again in the GameSpy pic. This is a minor part of the game, but it's telling. IMO, attention to detail makes or breaks a sim.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemaddox

Shane
Here's the problem.. you say it is simple, but then how many teams are in the game? And how do you get that info without watching all the games?

Do you think EA should hire you to watch every NCAA game on satellite and write down every freaking detail like what kind of socks these teams wear?

I suggest you do this... when 2006 comes out, look at the uniforms of every team in the game (home/away/alternate home/alternate away).... so we're talking in the neighborhood of say 500 uniforms? Ok, so look at those 500ish uniforms and find all the minor problems with them. Then, put them all together and send an email to the NCAA team with the list. I would also suggest you mention you'll DO IT FOR FREE for future titles (they can't pay you nothing due to labor laws I imagine, but minimum wage is close to free!). Who knows, you might get an interview!

Oh, and make sure you finish within 7 months or so of the release of NCAA 2007

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »