Home

IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

This is a discussion on IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

HattenShowtime's Arena

OVR: 1
IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

I have an HDtv and a regular just want to know how much better if at all the HD cable is then the Svideo cable....thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2005, 12:02 AM   #2
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

Night and day. I have an XBOX, just recently bought an HDTV and went out and bought the HD cables. I was using S-video cables before. You'll notice a difference in clarity immediately. Well worth the money to buy the cables (about $20).
Old 06-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
Rookie

HattenShowtime's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

alright sounds good...thanks
Old 06-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Night and day. I have an XBOX, just recently bought an HDTV and went out and bought the HD cables. I was using S-video cables before. You'll notice a difference in clarity immediately. Well worth the money to buy the cables (about $20).
ditto
Old 06-26-2005, 01:14 AM   #5
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

OVR: 5

They have HD cables? I have a HDTV and didnt know this. I do have component cables. Will you still see a difference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgs18
They have HD cables? I have a HDTV and didnt know this. I do have component cables. Will you still see a difference?
A big difference. I had S-Video component cables as well, but I went out and got the HD cables for $20 at Best Buy, and as soon as I fired up Madden the difference was incredible. Little things like words and numbers (names, stats, stuff like that) are just so much clearer and crisper now.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:44 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

When you guys say "HD cables" what specifically do you mean? I was under the impression component cables were the best available for the PS2. Is there now a HDMI connector I'm unaware of? I do agree that there is a huge difference between s-video and component cables though, my goodness on the PS2 it's incredible difference..
Old 06-26-2005, 01:55 AM   #8
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
When you guys say "HD cables" what specifically do you mean? I was under the impression component cables were the best available for the PS2. Is there now a HDMI connector I'm unaware of? I do agree that there is a huge difference between s-video and component cables though, my goodness on the PS2 it's incredible difference..

ODogg, I'm an XBOXer, so I can't speak to PS2 hardware. XBOX has both compenent cables and specifically HD cables (says "HD" on the pack). I was using the S-Video before I switched to HD cables and the upgrade is significant. From what I think I heard, though, PS2 doesn't support HD and/or doesn't sell HD cables...something like that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »