Home

Slowdown on the Xbox?

This is a discussion on Slowdown on the Xbox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Slowdown on the Xbox?

Okay not to start a riot here. But in my first few hours with the game there is some slowdown. I can't remember how bad last year's was so I don't know if its better/worse/ or about the same but for me I do see some.

It only happens when the back is trying to get through the line. Most of the times its special move or something like that. Not a gamestopper but a little annoying.

Now my game did crash once tonight, so it could be my disc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Slowdown on the Xbox?

Uh oh...

Really the first I have read about the slowdown. I did hear it was there sometimes at the goaline..but I think its been like that since I can remember on the Xbox. I hope its not an issue again
Old 07-07-2005, 12:36 AM   #3
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Uh oh...

Really the first I have read about the slowdown. I did hear it was there sometimes at the goaline..but I think its been like that since I can remember on the Xbox. I hope its not an issue again
I just got through playing 3 games online and 1 offline the game does slowdown especially online when you are trying to get through the line all bunched up I've had slowdown a couple of times throwing passes too but just online not offline.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #4

jgo777's Arena

OVR: 7

And so it begins....
Old 07-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Hope I don't have any problems with my launch Xbox and that cheap Thomson drive. As long as it isn't like last year, I can deal with it. Last years slowdown was just unbearable, and I had to pick up a PS2 copy. Most are saying it isn't a problem, and nowhere near as bad as last year, so that's good.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Hope I don't have any problems with my launch Xbox and that cheap Thomson drive. As long as it isn't like last year, I can deal with it. Last years slowdown was just unbearable, and I had to pick up a PS2 copy. Most are saying it isn't a problem, and nowhere near as bad as last year, so that's good.
The slowdown is there but not as bad as last year I traded my xbox version for a ps2 version it was so bad last year.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

wait, so theres only a slowdown online not offline?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 AM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Okay not to start a riot here. But in my first few hours with the game there is some slowdown. I can't remember how bad last year's was so I don't know if its better/worse/ or about the same but for me I do see some.

It only happens when the back is trying to get through the line. Most of the times its special move or something like that. Not a gamestopper but a little annoying.

Now my game did crash once tonight, so it could be my disc.
I have the xbox version and there is , I repeat NO SLOWDOWN at all, maybe you got a bum copy or your xbox is old, or somthing along those lines. In the three games I played there was no slowdown at all, my game runs smooth as butter, so I'm not sure if what's the deal with your game. oh well, I guess I should be just happy my game plays flawless. For the online games, I don't know about that or care to know, cause i never play online, but off line I never seen slow down.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »