Home

Those crazy bowl rankings...

This is a discussion on Those crazy bowl rankings... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Those crazy bowl rankings...

If what just happened in my dyansty (year 2) last night happened in real life, it would have to be the end of the BCS. Here's what happened. I play as Auburn and I was heading into the SEC Championship game with an 8-3 record ranked #7 going against #1 11-0 Florida. The ACC Championship game featured #2 Maryland (10-1) against #3 Miami (10-1). Ohio State is sitting at #4 with a 10-1 record but no championship game to play in. The #5 team was in the Big 12 Championship game against an opponent ranked in the teens.

Well, I had a great game and beat UF by 17 and Miami beat Maryland in their game and the #5 Big 12 team lost their game. So through the crazy calculations and the wild voting, I have jumped all the way to #2 in the polls and will carry my 9-3 record into the National Championship game against #1 Miami with a 11-1 record. This leaves poor Ohio State totally out of it at 10-1 because they didn't play a championship game I guess. They move up only to 3rd after all the championship weekend losses. I checked the Top 25 polls and I am #2 in both of them with Miami #1 with the majority of the votes, but Ohio State is #3 with 17 first place votes in both polls.

I was shocked when the bowl selections came out and it had me playing in the NC game against Miami, I was struggling just to get into a BCS game. I had a pretty rough regular season schedule losing ranked games to VTU, UF, and UGA, but can you imagine the outlash in real life if a 9-3 team jumped a major school like Ohio State who had a 10-1 record with a Big 10 championship. It works out great for me if I can beat Miami tonight, but it was totally unbelievable :y4:

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Those crazy bowl rankings...

Something similar happened in the first year of my dynasty. While I had no shot at the Championship, undefeated LSU was ranked #1 and got the top spot in the rankings. Iowa was 11-1 and was ranked 2nd in both polls. Ohio St. was 10-2 and ranked 3rd in both polls. So, guess who got the National Championship bid? That's right, 10-2 Ohio St. That makes sense right???
Old 08-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Happens too much in the game. I've seen 9-3 teams ranked above 11-1 teams from big conferences a couple of times and Ive seen even undefeated big conference teams missing out on the NC game because the AI likes a one loss team better.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Maybe they were making it up for last year...

That is pretty insane. What was your schedule like during the year?
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 08-17-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

This happened in my dynasty, year 2. Im Ohio State i go into the Michigan game ranked #5, Michigan is 9-0 and #1. Well i laid a butt whoopin' on them for a 41-7 victory. Well i vaulted up the charts to #2 overall. In front of Miami who ended the season at 11-1, USC was 9-3, and Florida was 11-1. I mean i was excited to be in the NC game, but i didnt think it was fair to Miami or UF to be left out. Just seems like the BCS engine in this game is cracked out at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

At one point for me, Tennessee (who has been AWFUL through 2 years of my dynasty despite having all A- or better ratings) was 2-4 and still ranked #17. They lost again and were still ranked #25!

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not hearing anything about my Hokies on ya'lls season.. j/k..lol. My bowl rankings have actually been lookin pretty good.. that is pretty crazy though..
Old 08-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #8
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieStar
I'm not hearing anything about my Hokies on ya'lls season.. j/k..lol. My bowl rankings have actually been lookin pretty good.. that is pretty crazy though..
yeah Marcus Vick ran all over me when I played them. They were my first loss. Actually bad coaching led to that loss for me.

By the way, I beat Miami on a last second FG and won 30-27 in a game that I lost my impact safety and QB in the first half when I was down 17-0! It was so weird being named national champion with a 10-3 record when I just beat a team that ended with a 11-2 record. Three other teams received first place votes in the Media poll, but I got the majority of them. Crazy season. I lose a lot of my stars this offseason, maybe I can get to the championship game next year with a 8-4 record

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »