Home

How Have U Faired On Your Seasons?

This is a discussion on How Have U Faired On Your Seasons? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2005, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How Have U Faired On Your Seasons?

Well.. I'm on my 5th season with VT.. I've won 2 National Titles.. My record so far up to where I'm at now is 51-7... I've won 18 straight games.. And I just got done struggling with Duke a lil while ago.. I won 41-35.. an awful game by my top 10 defense. I gave up over 400 yards of offense, to Duke.. lol This is after beating GT 33-0, and Temple 52-10.
#12VT Football 10-2(7-2)

Dallas Cowboys 8-5

#20UNC Basketball 5-1

Atlanta Braves-14 Straight Division Titles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How Have U Faired On Your Seasons?

I'm in season 2 with Ohio State, using m00d's sliders. My first season I went 10-2, losing to Texas in 4OT. Then I climbed all the way back to #3 going into Michigan. I had a 21-7 lead and ended up losing 24-21.

What really pissed me off was that #2 Georgia lost the following week so I would have played in the nat'l championship game. I then beat Wahington (I have no idea how they made it) in the Fiesta Bowl. I wanted to take my frustrations out in them and blow them out, but it was a close 17-10 victory for me.

Now I'm in year 2 with all of my skill players back on offense (including Santonio Holmes). I beat Cincinnati in the first game by 40+. I figured my next game against a "B" rated Maryland squad would be a cake walk, but I was in for a dogfight. They totally shut my offense down. I was down 7-3 with 6 minutes left in the 4th when I busted out the "Shot-Ginn" formation. I had Troy Smith, Maurice Wells, and Teddy Ginn in the 2 RB, 2 WR shotgun formation. I ran 7 times for 80 yards. Ginn was the star, he ripped off a 28 yard run, and scored from the 20 to put me ahead for good. My defense got a fumble recovery at the Maryland 25 and I punched it in to seal the win.

Next up: Texas, in Austin. I can't wait to play.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm currently running a Vandy dynasty...in year 5.

First year I went 5-6, losing in OT at Tennesse. Second year, without a QB, I went 3-8. Third year I saved my job by going 9-3, including a bowl loss to Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl. Then I fell back to mediocrity, at 6-6, and the Music City Bowl loss. This year, I'm 10-0 with UT left.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

How many minutes do u guys play a quarter.??
#12VT Football 10-2(7-2)

Dallas Cowboys 8-5

#20UNC Basketball 5-1

Atlanta Braves-14 Straight Division Titles
Old 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

Im currently in my 8th year with Carolina. In 2005 I went 7-5, lost in the Peach bowl, 2006 I went 8-5 winning the Meinke Car Bowl in Charlotte. 2007 season I was 10-3 and won the Champs Sports Bowl, a pretty decent start at Carolina, which got me an extension. The 2008 season was my breakthrough year, I went 13-1, won the ACC title, but lost in the national championship to Florida by a ton. For the 2009 season, we returned almost every important player, and we ran the table, 13-0, ACC champs, and National Champs, getting revenge on Florida. In 2010 I lost some key players like my QB and a lot on defense, but my offense won most games in shootouts. That caught up with me midseason against Miami, as they beat me on a last second FG. Despite that though, they ended up losing 2 conference games to our 1, so I played in the ACC title game, won it again, and enough of the teams in front of us in the BCS poll lost, so I slipped into the title game for a 3rd straight year, to play Florida, again. I won an a defenseless game 39-34 to win back-to-back titles. The 2011 season, I lost most every major player that remained from the 2 national title teams, but with my coaches bringing in a top 10 recruiting class each season, we didnt expect much drop off. I started a very talented but inexperienced redshirt freshman at QB, and he cost me in some big games. I ended up losing to State for the first time in 4 seasons, Georgia Tech, and Miami ended my bid to make a 4th straight ACC title game. Even so, I went 10-3 and won the Champs Sports Bowl, and I returned almost all of the team for the 2012 season. So far in that season, I am 3-0 and #4 with wins over Cincinnatti, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma State, and it looks like I could be headed back to the title game this season. I have a 4 years left on my current deal, I might consider leaving, but Im pretty sure I want to stay at Carolina and see how long I can keep Carolina playing at this level. In other dynasties in previos years, whenever I built Carolina up, but then left, within 3 years or so, the Heels were back in the middle of the pack. I play 7 minute quarters, the first 6 seasons were on my own sliders, but they got too easy, so I changed to Playmakers and am really enjoying those

Last edited by willdtarheeler; 12-03-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

I'm in season seven of my San Diego St. dynasty(jistics sliders)

So far, my year-by-year records are:

2005: 9-4(won some little bowl game)
2006: 11-2(MWC Champs, Liberty Bowl Win)
2007: 12-1(MWC Champs, Liberty Bowl Win)
2008: 12-1(MWC Champs, Liberty Bowl Win)
2009: 13-0(MWC Champs, Sugar Bowl Win Over West Virginia)
2010: 12-1(MWC Champs, Orange Bowl Win Over Miami)
2011: 5-0(#4 in nation)
Career: 74-9

I think this is finally the year for the national title. I've gotten through my tough non-conference schedule unscathed, and now I should be able to coast through the MWC schedule(I wish I could get into the Pac 10 ). This is definitely the best team I've had yet, I've blew out every opponent so far(#2 offense, #1 defense). And one of the team's currently ahead of me in the polls is on probation, so I don't think I have to worry about them in the national title picture.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 12-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #7
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieStar
How many minutes do u guys play a quarter.??
I play 8 minute quarters.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play 6 minute quarters in my dynasty. It's a created team dynasty and I finished 10-2 in season 1 with a champs sports bowl victory to finish the year and i'm 2-1 right now in season 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »