Home

Just watched a 20 min NCAA demo in High Def!

This is a discussion on Just watched a 20 min NCAA demo in High Def! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Just watched a 20 min NCAA demo in High Def!

Anyone who has DISH network and has the High Definition Package can see this...

The HD Gamespotting Channel has been running non stop footage of E3. I just watched an interview with the lead producer as he played the game and demonstrated different aspects, etc. In High Definition on my 60" TV. Dear God it looked gorgeous.

The lighting effects are IIIIIIIINSANE!! He did a demonstration showing a game between Georgia and Clemson in Death Valley. He sped up time and you could see the Shadows move, clouds move, Sun gradually start to set..it looked incredible. The crowds looked INCREDIBLE. The gameplay looked smooth as well, but of course...hard to gather much from this. However, graphically..this game is insane.

Did anyone else watch this? It will reair 10000 times I'm sure..that's all Gamespotting has been showing for a month is E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Just watched a 20 min NCAA demo in High Def!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

The HD Gamespotting Channel has been running non stop footage of E3. I just watched an interview with the lead producer as he played the game and demonstrated different aspects, etc. In High Definition on my 60" TV. Dear God it looked gorgeous.

The lighting effects are IIIIIIIINSANE!! He did a demonstration showing a game between Georgia and Clemson in Death Valley. He sped up time and you could see the Shadows move, clouds move, Sun gradually start to set..it looked incredible. The crowds looked INCREDIBLE. The gameplay looked smooth as well, but of course...hard to gather much from this. However, graphically..this game is insane.

Did anyone else watch this? It will reair 10000 times I'm sure..that's all Gamespotting has been showing for a month is E3.
I know people are going to be disappointed in the differences between current and next gen this year, but in the grand scheme of things the future of NCAA looks VERY, VERY BRIGHT! Just think, next year we get every D-IA stadium fully detailed and next gen should have all the new features/expanded playbooks by then too. And to think, this is the very first iteration of the game on next gen. Can you imagine the graphical/gameplay improvements that will come in the next few years?! I foresee some incredible advancements that will push the series to new heights.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

What channel is the Gamspotting Channel? What channel number for dish? I have High-def channels.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

I've seen it. The graphics/lighting effects do look great. I'll be interested to see the generic stadiums that didn't get the full workup, though. The guy also mentions there will be 3 mini-games.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

thats all i hear.. it looks good visually. I hope its not just a shallow supermodel that looks good without any substance.. I know for me, i cant play a visually stunning game forever. i need other elements to coinside just right, to make it long lasting enjoyable fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #6
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice. Hopefully, someone will 'youtube' the segment.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
What channel is the Gamspotting Channel? What channel number for dish? I have High-def channels.
It's Channel 9421 or something close to that.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

More importantly, who IS that girl?
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »