Home

Did You Check Out the Stadiums in the 360 Version!?!?!?

This is a discussion on Did You Check Out the Stadiums in the 360 Version!?!?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Did You Check Out the Stadiums in the 360 Version!?!?!?

Wow! These are absolutely incredible.....

I played a game at Pitt - Heinz Field looks great (except for the moon rocks/desert plateau on Mt. Washington - but its gotten a lot better from previous versions).

Notre Dame stadium is absolutely beautiful. I just played a 3:30 game there, and it looks incredible in the second half when the game switches to nightfall.

I played a game at Purdue in the rain. Purdue is my alma mater, and I saw a few games there, it looks really authentic.

I haven't tried Penn State yet, but I am looking forward to it.

I love how all of the bowl stadiums are available from the beginning (i.e. no more stupid pennants to unlock), and it is great how the real name for each bowl stadium is in the game.

I am also very impressed by how they have the authentic stadiums for each of the conference championship games (which is really going to make dynasty mode feel even more immersive).

And - I was blown away when I saw that they have the neutral sites for Texas-OK, Florida-Florida State, and my personal favorite - the Army-Navy game - each beautifully rendered - with each team's name in the end zone. I have never attended any of these games in person. To anyone who has seen them, do they look authentic?

What stadiums have you checked out? Are they authentic looking based on your experience going to/watching games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Did You Check Out the Stadiums in the 360 Version!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Wow! These are absolutely incredible.....

I played a game at Pitt - Heinz Field looks great (except for the moon rocks/desert plateau on Mt. Washington - but its gotten a lot better from previous versions).

Notre Dame stadium is absolutely beautiful. I just played a 3:30 game there, and it looks incredible in the second half when the game switches to nightfall.

I played a game at Purdue in the rain. Purdue is my alma mater, and I saw a few games there, it looks really authentic.

I haven't tried Penn State yet, but I am looking forward to it.

I love how all of the bowl stadiums are available from the beginning (i.e. no more stupid pennants to unlock), and it is great how the real name for each bowl stadium is in the game.

I am also very impressed by how they have the authentic stadiums for each of the conference championship games (which is really going to make dynasty mode feel even more immersive).

And - I was blown away when I saw that they have the neutral sites for Texas-OK, Florida-Florida State, and my personal favorite - the Army-Navy game - each beautifully rendered - with each team's name in the end zone. I have never attended any of these games in person. To anyone who has seen them, do they look authentic?

What stadiums have you checked out? Are they authentic looking based on your experience going to/watching games?

give that man a Miller High Life
Old 07-18-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Can you do stadium previews like on the ps2 versions, where you see the stadium empty. I loved that feature.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Pro

BubbleFour's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
And - I was blown away when I saw that they have the neutral sites for Texas-OK, Florida-Florida State, and my personal favorite - the Army-Navy game - each beautifully rendered - with each team's name in the end zone.

Does Florida-Florida State have a neutral site? Is this something new? Or were you referring to Florida-Georgia?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #5
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3

I think he was referring to Florida - Georgia. Florida - Florida State does not have a neutral site game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleFour
Does Florida-Florida State have a neutral site? Is this something new? Or were you referring to Florida-Georgia?
No - you're right...it is the Florida-Georgia game at Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville. This is the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" - right?

They also have CU-CSU at Invesco Field in Denver.

So - basically - they have done a great job using the Madden stadiums and converting them to their college/bowl game counterparts. It looks like the following Madden stadiums are in the game:

Lincoln Financial (Army-Navy)
Heinz Field (Pitt)
Invesco Field (CU-CSU)
Alltel Stadium (Fl-GA, ACC Championship, Gator b)
Arrowhead (Big 12 Ch)
Ford Field (Mac Ch, Motor City Bowl)
Georgia Dome (SEC Ch, Chick Fila b)
Aloha Staidum (Hawaii Bowl)
Qualcomm Stadium (Holiday B, Poinsettia b)
Reliant Stadium (Houston b)
Bank of America Stadium (Car Panthers field?) (Meineke Bowl)
Music City Bowl (Titans field?) (Music City b)
Superdome (New Orleans B, Sugar B, Tulane)
Dolphin Stadium (Orange Bowl)
Raymond James Stadium (Outback B, USF)
Metrodome (Minn)
Coliseum (Old Raiders field) (USC)

The disappointing thing is that they used generic stadiums. For example, the Alamo Dome and the Cotton Bowl are basically the same stadium. At least they varied the signage though....

Lol! I can't figure out why Akron has its stadium (the Rubber Bowl) in this game. What is so special about Akron that their field was included?

Last edited by Steelerfan2k1; 07-18-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
No - you're right...it is the Florida-Georgia game at Alltel Stadium in Jacksonville. This is the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" - right?

They also have CU-CSU at Invesco Field in Denver.

So - basically - they have done a great job using the Madden stadiums and converting them to their college/bowl game counterparts. It looks like the following Madden stadiums are in the game:

Lincoln Financial (Army-Navy)
Heinz Field (Pitt)
Invesco Field (CU-CSU)
Alltel Stadium (Fl-GA, ACC Championship, Gator b)
Arrowhead (Big 12 Ch)
Ford Field (Mac Ch, Motor City Bowl)
Georgia Dome (SEC Ch, Chick Fila b)
Aloha Staidum (Hawaii Bowl)
Qualcomm Stadium (Holiday B, Poinsettia b)
Reliant Stadium (Houston b)
Bank of America Stadium (Car Panthers field?) (Meineke Bowl)
Music City Bowl (Titans field?) (Music City b)
Superdome (New Orleans B, Sugar B, Tulane)
Dolphin Stadium (Orange Bowl)
Raymond James Stadium (Outback B, USF)
Metrodome (Minn)
Coliseum (Old Raiders field) (USC)

The disappointing thing is that they used generic stadiums. For example, the Alamo Dome and the Cotton Bowl are basically the same stadium. At least they varied the signage though....

Lol! I can't figure out why Akron has its stadium (the Rubber Bowl) in this game. What is so special about Akron that their field was included?

have to laugh cause they sorta "messed up" the generic Idaho stadium... especially if the name of your stadium ends in DOME, it should not be an OPEN AIR stadium
Old 07-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree guys that the stadiums are UNREAL and hopefully all of them get in there next year. I gotta say, alot of times EA doesn't live up to the hype but in this area they sure did!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »