Home

Any tips/strategies or strategies you wanna give a new noob?

This is a discussion on Any tips/strategies or strategies you wanna give a new noob? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any tips/strategies or strategies you wanna give a new noob?

Ok, I have not played NCAA football since the 04 version. I am struggling here in my dynasty and any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am playing on the Xbox 360, AA level with default sliders (don't want too much surprise when I decide to go online) Most of my issues revolve around the passing game.

OFFENSIVE PROBLEMS
PASSING
  • Am I right in assuming that when I go to throw if I press the left analog stick in a direction my QB will throw to that side of the WR?
  • It seems that when I throw and decide to try a user catch that sometimes my WR stops running when I hit the catch button and other times he will speed up and go for the ball. What am I doing wrong here?
  • How do you use the precision passing cone thing? Does it help?
  • What's best to do, allow the cpu to have my QB make the proper drop then I take over and throw or I contol right from the start and do the drop myself
DEFENSIVE PROBLEMS
DEFENDING THE PASS
  • What position is best to control on D?
  • What's the best formations to use?
  • How do use the "jump the snap" button? It seems that I jump offsides everytime.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Chrisleakfan4life's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Any tips/strategies or strategies you wanna give a new noob?

Get a QB who runs, and just QB run.

Bomb the ball deep down the field

People will love you online
Old 07-26-2006, 12:58 AM   #3
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

1. Yes
2. Well, if he is running when you switch to him, make sure you have your finger on the sprint button.
3. I really don't know. I don't think it helps though.
4. Depends on what you want to do. I often let the CPU do the drop back, but if you want to roll out, or you see a blitz coming, you are better off on your own.

5. On defense, it all depends what the play is. If I am blitzing a LB, I will usually control one of them. If I am blitzing a lot of guys, I often control a safety and read the defense. If I am in a base man, I often choose a DE. But at the same time, if I am playing online, I mix it up so they can't learn.
6. Best formations? Well, if they are in a 2-WR set, 4-3 or 3-4, if they are in 3 WR nickel....etc.
7. Jump right when the ball is hiked.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisleakfan4life
Get a QB who runs, and just QB run.

Bomb the ball deep down the field

People will love you online

hey thanks! I'll give that a try.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:25 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
1. Yes
2. Well, if he is running when you switch to him, make sure you have your finger on the sprint button.
3. I really don't know. I don't think it helps though.
4. Depends on what you want to do. I often let the CPU do the drop back, but if you want to roll out, or you see a blitz coming, you are better off on your own.

5. On defense, it all depends what the play is. If I am blitzing a LB, I will usually control one of them. If I am blitzing a lot of guys, I often control a safety and read the defense. If I am in a base man, I often choose a DE. But at the same time, if I am playing online, I mix it up so they can't learn.
6. Best formations? Well, if they are in a 2-WR set, 4-3 or 3-4, if they are in 3 WR nickel....etc.
7. Jump right when the ball is hiked.

Hope that helps.
Yes, thanks.

After I posted the original message I read that you have to hold the catch button down until he catches it, not just tap it when the ball is near. That seems to help too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

OVR: 6

I use 3-4 solid, gap pressure and blitz all 4 LB's and get about 8 sacks a game, I control the OLB on the weak side....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »