Home

Bastard Recruits

This is a discussion on Bastard Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Bastard Recruits

Ugh, I wanted this kid from the time I targeted him for in-season recruiting. Julian Myas from Ohio (I'm Oregon but Ohio is a newly formed pipeline state). #1 Corner with 4.22 speed, 6'1", A- hands, the works. Immediately, I put upwards to 15 points on him, and every week tried to increase them. He had 25 going into his official visit here. I beat up on WSU and pitched Program Prestige. He didn't commit, but I was still in a 3 way tie with Mizzou and Louisville. I had 40 points the week after and 60 for the next week. I get back from beating ASU and see I have 60 points left for inseason...I was livid. The bastard verballed to Mizzou...ugh...so many wasted points on such a needed guy.
Anyone else push so hard for a guy only to be spurned? At least I can offer 100 points to my last target.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Bastard Recruits

at least you didnt spend all ur points on the #1 quarterback just to get stabbed in the back in the final three..
Old 08-21-2006, 02:24 AM   #3
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Lol
Old 08-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I started with michigan and wanted to transform them into an option team so at the beginning of my first season I put all 100 points into this quarterback with 4.47 speed and ignored everything else. The guy signs on in week 12 and it's only then that I realize his potential and awareness poor and very low, i got so wrapped up in his speed i didn't think about it. But i figure hey, I'll red shirt him then start him the next year. Wrong, the guy comletely sucked. He had 89 speed (second fastes i seen for a qb this year, when i was playin with houston southern miss drafted a qb with 91 speed) but is about as smart as melting cheese. He can't do anything right and oh my god i never seen a person fumble so much. Three years there and his awarness never got over 70 and his Passing Accuracy only got up to 76 or so. What a waste...
Old 08-21-2006, 03:37 AM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

A running back. I knew mine was leaving after that season and this guy was awesome. I'm Illinois, he is from IL and on the pitch feedback it stated location was important for him. His last three teams were me, Northwestern and Ohio State. Week 11 or 12 and I decide, why not invite him to a game against Northwestern. I invite him, we win and I sim the week and the committment screen doesn't show up like I thought it would. The kid signed with Ohio State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

What did you expect recruiting against Mizzou? That's your fault.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
Ugh, I wanted this kid from the time I targeted him for in-season recruiting. Julian Myas from Ohio (I'm Oregon but Ohio is a newly formed pipeline state). #1 Corner with 4.22 speed, 6'1", A- hands, the works. Immediately, I put upwards to 15 points on him, and every week tried to increase them. He had 25 going into his official visit here. I beat up on WSU and pitched Program Prestige. He didn't commit, but I was still in a 3 way tie with Mizzou and Louisville. I had 40 points the week after and 60 for the next week. I get back from beating ASU and see I have 60 points left for inseason...I was livid. The bastard verballed to Mizzou...ugh...so many wasted points on such a needed guy.
Anyone else push so hard for a guy only to be spurned? At least I can offer 100 points to my last target.....

Did you check to see if he had any negative reactions to you or your program? I've noticed that if ever you see a negative reaction, it is REALLY tough to get that guy.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
Y** d*s*rv* *t b*g f*ll*!

jtbleek's Arena

OVR: 6

A little off topic, but has anyone gotten a guy that has soft verballed to actually commit. Over my 4 years of dynasty I've had about 7 "soft verbals", but every single one of them ended up commiting somewhere else. I still spent points on them. I want to see if it's me or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »