Home

Over the course of a dynasty why does...

This is a discussion on Over the course of a dynasty why does... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Over the course of a dynasty why does...

The academic prestige of every top team drop down? I was in my 12th year with OU and it droped down by two points. And I noticed that Ohio State had dropped down by two and ut dropped down by like three or something and USC by 2 and so on. Just curious why this happens anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Over the course of a dynasty why does...

I think it adds some realism. Knowbody stays on top. Look at where Nebraska and Florida Sate and Miami are. These guys were top 3 or 10 every year for almost 15 yaers in a row.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 AM   #3
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

I think he is talking about academic, not program, prestige.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

You have to budget a minimal of 33% of your discipline points to maintain academic prestige. You also have to focus on not signing any bad character discipline guys in recruiting.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchimpy
The academic prestige of every top team drop down? I was in my 12th year with OU and it droped down by two points. And I noticed that Ohio State had dropped down by two and ut dropped down by like three or something and USC by 2 and so on. Just curious why this happens anyone know?
Look around, bro. America is getting dumber.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

It's a sad part of college athletics. Admission standards are sad. Even miami loses great players to WVU, FSU and other places because some schools have varying academic standards than others.

This is a kind of thing that is kinda like real life, but something EA probably stumbled into doing in the game on accident, since generated recruits make random attributes.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

yea i think this has a lot to do with the players you recruit its influenced by attributes like discipline
Old 03-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

While this game is very good and definitely the best out there (and the only) I think there is a long list of WTF that top this topic 10 fold. I am not playing down your topic at all but I am just saying with all the other stuff that takes place in this game I am not going to act surprised by a little thing like this. EA has always been known for major flaws that pop up through the progression of dynasties. The biggest one being that which ever team out of the smaller conferences came out of the shoot the hottest would then quickly become the nations dominant team forever because the rest of the conference would just fall apart while they continued to get stronger and stronger. And since recruiting is primarily based on wins and losses and not conference strength and coaching prestige, there has always been a big disparity.

In real college football when a coach goes to a school and has terrific success (Urban at Utah) he will quickly move on indicating to the rest of the world that even the man who had all the success there doesn't want to be there if he doesn't have to be.... so why would an all star want to go there over a BIG TIME school if he has a choice? This game doesn't really sim all those variables of non player controlled teams very well and thus, we end up with top teams out of small conferences being unmatched during season play and thus 10-2 records every year at worst.

Take all these flaws and I STILL can't wait for two thousand eight!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »