Home

Can someone tell me if they fixed this in 08?

This is a discussion on Can someone tell me if they fixed this in 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Can someone tell me if they fixed this in 08?

One of my biggest pet peeves with EA's next gen football games has been that when you break the huddle all you have to do is tap A and you are magically under center. This really takes away from the realism of the game and allows you to basically run a ton of plays in a very short time.

So does anyone know if when you break the huddle your players walk to the line and get set like they used to or is the one tap - under center still in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs up Re: Can someone tell me if they fixed this in 08?

I don't know if it has been fixed but I'm in 100% agreement with you on this.The offense gets there so quick I have to speed press to get my defensive assignments in order.In the last gen the offense having to actually walk to the line made for more of a chess match and it was REALISTIC!
Old 07-04-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Can someone tell me if they fixed this in 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgun
One of my biggest pet peeves with EA's next gen football games has been that when you break the huddle all you have to do is tap A and you are magically under center. This really takes away from the realism of the game and allows you to basically run a ton of plays in a very short time.

So does anyone know if when you break the huddle your players walk to the line and get set like they used to or is the one tap - under center still in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurdenVol
I don't know if it has been fixed but I'm in 100% agreement with you on this.The offense gets there so quick I have to speed press to get my defensive assignments in order.In the last gen the offense having to actually walk to the line made for more of a chess match and it was REALISTIC!
With the elimination of cutscenes, I think it may have been fixed. Now, everything is realtime. No longer are we gonna see a close-up of the QB waving his arms running to the L.O.S. In the Ohio State/Michigan vid (IGN Insider), at the 4:40 mark, the camera zoomed in, showing Michigans' WR celebrating near the sideline after making a good play. At the playcall screen, with a zoomed out view of the field in the background, the player was still there on the sideline.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

just don't press the A button after breaking the huddle. Last year on 360, they had cut scenes after the huddle. If you didn't press A, you'd get that delay that you want.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
just don't press the A button after breaking the huddle. Last year on 360, they had cut scenes after the huddle. If you didn't press A, you'd get that delay that you want.
I think he's referring to the fact that if you're on defense, the time in which the offense is walking to the line is valuable time in which you can be setting up your defensive audibles and shifts. Having a normal in-game view is much, much better than a cut-scene. After the first go-round, nobody cares about the spectacle of the great graphics - they want to change their scheme.
Piss on 'em!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
Rookie

gogators's Arena

Thanks for starting this topic. Last year you could run a no huddle faster by selecting the play from the menu and then press "A" and boom there you were with only about 8 seconds after even a 50 yard pass. BRING IN THE ACCELERATED CLOCK for us sims.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

The offense breaks huddle and walks to the line after you choose a play. Just watch the damn videos that are available.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't see this as a problem. It lets me play shorter games and get more realistic stats, because I can get more plays in a shorter period of time. On defense, its not like the AI is snapping the ball the second they rush to the line. I've never had problems making adjustments despite them hurrying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »