Home

Jump The Snap

This is a discussion on Jump The Snap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Jump The Snap

Haven't seen too many people mention this.

JTS was overdone last year, so I'd venture to say a lot of us haven't really 'installed' it as part of our defensive skill set. (I eventually stopped using it altogether last year, for example.)

Spending a lot of time in practice mode lately, it's become clear that your pass rush is almost directly tied to JTS. Opposed to last season (on PS2, at least) where JTS would almost always mean your defender would pancake the OL, this year it seems that its main effect is actually a series of cool moves.

I've found that when I time the jump correctly, just pointing the stick in the direction of the QB will cause my guy to swim and rake his man without using any additional buttons; unless there's a double team or RB waiting for you, you're usually unevaded to the QB.

On Heisman in particular, where I was having loads of trouble getting pressure, this is most apparent. I was able to sack the CPU on six straight plays at one point last night in practice mode, to the point where I even considered raising their pass-block slider.

Finally, using the feature on every play is actually pretty damn cool in that it's leading to games where I'm racking up four and five encroachment penalties. Naturally, if I'm not timing the snap very well, I lay off, but this causes my defense to not perform as sharply.

Me like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Jump The Snap

I'm having a hard time getting pressure on the QB from my DL this year, I'll try your method of just the JTS without trying to do swim moves and stuff and see if that makes it better. Last year I agree it was way overdone, I haven't noticed that this year. Although sometimes my QB has gotten sacked almost immediately a few times, but I haven't been able to do that to the QB yet.

Are you using the power and finesse moves when engaged or just jumping the snap and aiming towards the QB? I have noticed that my DE gets flipped a lot by the OL.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Are you using the power and finesse moves when engaged or just jumping the snap and aiming towards the QB? I have noticed that my DE gets flipped a lot by the OL.
I'm only using the power and finesse moves if the jump isn't successful. If it is, I won't use any buttons except the speed burst, and that only after I'm clear of the line.

Like I said, though, if you end up having to take on a RB in the pocket, you'll have to go back to using the standard moves, but it's usually a lot easier to pull off against them than it is the OL.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 07-27-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I mix up my snap counts really good and the CPU jumps the snap like crazy on me all of the time.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I mix up my snap counts really good and the CPU jumps the snap like crazy on me all of the time.

You almost have to mix up yout snap counts this year or the CPU will jump on every play. When they do it successfully there ridiculously unstoppable. They blow up the play in the backfield before you finish your QB dropback or have a chance to hand the ball off. It's kind of realistic in a way. But still overdone i think.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »