Home

Pass Catching TEs

This is a discussion on Pass Catching TEs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Pass Catching TEs

Last year on the PS2, EA really punished you for having a one dimensional TE that didn't block well (which was good for the most part although perhaps slightly overdone). DE's would manhandle them on running plays and I found myself sticking to balanced TEs that at least could catch the ball.

Well, one of my true freshman in year two is an absolute stud at TE in terms of receiving ability. He's 6' 3" 237 lbs with 87 speed and good hands but his blocking is in the low 50's (not much better than a WR). He's a 79 overall as a true frosh and I have inserted him into the starting lineup over my 88 rated TE who can run block like crazy but is slow with a catch rating of 68. He got me 9 grabs in his first start which is partly due to the fact that I struggle to get the balls to my outside WRs. His blocking is clearly lacking though. I might have to sub him in and out of my lineup based on situations.

Anybody else love pass catching TEs with good speed in the game? I think the playbooks are TE friendly for the most part as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Pass Catching TEs

I'm with you on this one my friend :clap: I think the key to a great passing game is a good TE. Ususally they are the most versatile player on offense outside of maybe a RB. In my Iowa Dynasy, I am going after a 6'6 260lb TE. he has B+ speed, B Catching, B+ Awareness. so he should be a S.T.U.D!!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Cody Slate on Marshall is an 88 and leads my team in receptions and yards through 7 games.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
I'm with you on this one my friend :clap: I think the key to a great passing game is a good TE. Ususally they are the most versatile player on offense outside of maybe a RB. In my Iowa Dynasy, I am going after a 6'6 260lb TE. he has B+ speed, B Catching, B+ Awareness. so he should be a S.T.U.D!!
I am doing a dual dynasty with Army and Alabama. At Army I mainly throw to Larson who is my tight end and he seems to catch everything, and if he didnt get hurt and sit out two game he would be the leader in catches and yards on my team. Then with Alabama I was recruiting a 6'5 255lb tight end with B speed, A Catching and A awareness, but lost him to Florida, which sucks.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I put Na Derris Ward at TE for Georgia after a few weeks and he did a good job. He was a freshman all american and had 33 catches, 325 yards and 7 TD. I'm not sure what his blocking ratings are but he has good speed and hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I usually go w/ a two TE formation and will have both my blocking TE and receiving one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Since I'm horrid at reading the defense I find myself throwing constantly to the TE on slant and post patterns and to the FB or HB out of the backfield or on an option.

They are a boon for those of us with deficient situational awareness who throw INTs every time we try to hit those WRs.

Last edited by plaagrat; 08-07-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig5309
Cody Slate on Marshall is an 88 and leads my team in receptions and yards through 7 games.
Cody Slate is amazing.

In addition to having a good passing catching TE, I love to have a great pass catching FB. That is basically my entire offense. I run the ball up the middle, and then play action to my fullback in the flats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »