Home

Transfers

This is a discussion on Transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Transfers

So after completing my third season I see that my soon to be 2nd year LT is transferring, so I talk him into staying and he responds by saying that he has "as good a chance to play here as anywhere". This leads me to believe I broke one of his promises (promised playing time and no redshirt), but when I go to check on this it says I kept all of my promises.

So has anyone else seen this or have an explanation for why he would just want to leave after he started every game at LT for me?

Also, I have not had too much experience with incoming transfers, but do you typically only get transfers when you are really thin at a position? For example I got a HB to transfer after I lost half of my HB corps, and I got another request when I lost both starter and backup at SS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Transfers

Transfers this year are random. I've had my only returning HB and FB transfer, and I've had 5th string QBs behind 2 freshmen stay.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah I've had weird transfer things. If it's a broken promise it will say "Broken Promise" and not Transfer in the "Players Leaving" screen.

Usually when I have people transfer, I can talk them into staying about 80% of the time.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Transfers

Transfers were bitter sweet for me this season. Before the season, I signed 2 DEs and a FB, all of which I promised playing time to. The FB started the entire season and the two DEs played about half of every game. All of them put up good numbers and I figured they were good building pieces for my franchise. After I win my bowl game, all three of them bolt for other programs (GT, NCSU and ARMY). I couldn't believe it. I can only imagine my prestige is going to take a hit.

Then the transfers coming in. I got a 79 overall C from FSU and then an 86 overall QB from Notre Dame. Just in time because my QB was a senior and is gone now. Hopefully I can make up for these losses in the offseason, but it doesn't look like I have many prospects interested.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Your transfers will have too sit for a year. I have a lot of transfers that have come during my FAU dynasty. Most of the time they are upperclassmen so I only have them for a year. Better than nothing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
Your transfers will have too sit for a year. I have a lot of transfers that have come during my FAU dynasty. Most of the time they are upperclassmen so I only have them for a year. Better than nothing
I didn't know that.

I had a TE that transferred out but while making adjustments in my depth chart, there he was. I tried to put him in but it said can't put in transferred players or something like that.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
I didn't know that.

I had a TE that transferred out but while making adjustments in my depth chart, there he was. I tried to put him in but it said can't put in transferred players or something like that.
Thats odd for a player leaving. I always check the team he goes to and is always sitting a year. Players coming in are in the player pool, but when you try to move them onto your depth chart it says cannot move a tranferred player to depth chart. Or something like that.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
Thats odd for a player leaving. I always check the team he goes to and is always sitting a year. Players coming in are in the player pool, but when you try to move them onto your depth chart it says cannot move a tranferred player to depth chart. Or something like that.
Never mind, it must have been a player coming in. I remember losing a TE but don't remember if I gained a FB or TE via transfer. Must have been a TE I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »