Home

NCAA 09 with Montana

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 with Montana within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

STUNTG1RL's Arena

OVR: 1
NCAA 09 with Montana

Interesting: If you check out the new website and click on Mascot Challange you can vote for the Montana Monte Grizlly Bear.

A sign that the division II could be integrated. Hopefully not just as a mascot game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 09 with Montana

Montana is actually DI-AA. Something that Last-Gen had and Next Gen should have had from the gate. Though it would be cool to see eventual integration of Divisions II and III. I actually played Division III ball in undergrad and would love to play with my alma matter on NCAA. It's just too late for me to be on the cover
Old 02-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

With the App State win over Meeechigan, I'd say it's likely to be one of the game's "new features" that will get some heavy rotation in EA's talking points/press. I don't think they'll throw in all of D2 (or whatever it is that they're calling it now), but you'll more than likely see some of the bigger names. App State, Delaware, Montana, Pittsburgh State, Wofford, Furman, and so on. My question is, as it's unlikely to expect all D2 teams to be in the game, will they bring back the "create a team" feature for next gen?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I doubt they will have a season mode for the D1AA schools, but it would be nice to set up a 16 team tournament. It was cool having all the teams on the old gen, but you couldn't do much more with them then.... just play exibition games.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaiderX
Montana is actually DI-AA...
Well, if you wanna get technical...

Div. 1 - Football Championship Subdivision
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I like seeing the D1AA teams in. Don't know how you can program for upsets like App State over Michigan can happen. Maybe just make the odds like 1 in 1,000 for a D1AA to upset a top 20 team. You would then only see it once or twice in a dynasty.

I guarantee if you were playing the game and were Michigan and lost to App State. You would restart your dynasty and go back to tweaking sliders. Very difficult to program.

But if EA sports mentions upsets and has App State on the cover, this game is already in the tank.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

as a die hard griz fan, they better put in montana or at least give a create a team feature.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Well, if you wanna get technical...

Div. 1 - Football Championship Subdivision
It's not about getting technical. DI-AA and Div. 1 - Football Championship Subdivision are one and the same. D2 is a whole other division with a whole different set of teams. IMO, that's why some of us see the need to correct people who call it D2 instead of DI-AA or Div. 1 - Football Championship Subdivision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »