Home

Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Coaching Carousel

Anybody know if this is in? I'd love for it to be more in depth than what they have now. Now you have like an 8-4 year with Mid Tenn St and Nebraska and USC are knocking down the door to offer you a contract...doesn't happen. I know it can't be as in-depth as something like CH2K b/c there aren't 300+ teams but I think you could make it work.

Also I think it would be cool if each coach had a rating (Recruiting, Off, Def, etc) and it actually had an effect on your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Coaching Carousel

I know what you're talking about, and it would be awesome if it was.

I wish you could name your coaches like the 2k series. The only way you can do that I think is at the beginning of every dynasty, and it doesn't save once you're in exhibition mode.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanosu1
Anybody know if this is in? I'd love for it to be more in depth than what they have now. Now you have like an 8-4 year with Mid Tenn St and Nebraska and USC are knocking down the door to offer you a contract...doesn't happen. I know it can't be as in-depth as something like CH2K b/c there aren't 300+ teams but I think you could make it work.

Also I think it would be cool if each coach had a rating (Recruiting, Off, Def, etc) and it actually had an effect on your team.
They tried implementing the coaching carousel into this year's game, but due to Bobby Petrino the carousel kept getting overloaded and freezing. In their test runs of this feature, Petrino coached 46 teams in the matter of 4 weeks. The game just couldn't handle it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
They tried implementing the coaching carousel into this year's game, but due to Bobby Petrino the carousel kept getting overloaded and freezing. In their test runs of this feature, Petrino coached 46 teams in the matter of 4 weeks. The game just couldn't handle it.

Good one. He's a helluva coach though. I don't know how they'd do it in college though. If you don't have money to pay them, like a budget and all. I'd love to see it.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Another feature that last gen has, that current gen has ignored to date. It's great that we can name all the coaches, albeit it has to be done outside of the rosters, but what is the point if they stay at their respective school forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 AM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer

Good one. He's a helluva coach though. I don't know how they'd do it in college though. If you don't have money to pay them, like a budget and all. I'd love to see it.
One way they could implement it would be through contract offers that are based off the contracts of other coaches. Instead of money you could offer; well below average, below average, average, above average or Nick Saban contract. Since there are no budgets, expectations could be tacked on to the contracts. So if a team like Idaho were to offer a Nick Saban-level contract to bring in a big name coach, the expectations would be something insane like a National Championship (thus the coach would decline, despite the contract offer).

And that was just off the top of my head, imagine what EA could do if they actually put effort into it.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Another feature that last gen has, that current gen has ignored to date. It's great that we can name all the coaches, albeit it has to be done outside of the rosters, but what is the point if they stay at their respective school forever.

I definately think that more emphasis should go on coaching. You should have a Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, and Special Teams Coach. Just like in real life they should have their own philosophy's and if your offense is productive and following along with the gamplan of your offensive coordinator then his ratings should increase and he can eventually earn himself a chance to be a head coach somewhere else.

There are literally hundreds of little features EA could add to this game to really make it realistic but I think they will continue to take their time about implementing them.

I know 1 thing is for sure. They realized that the atmosphere was horrible and they made a huge improvement on how the stadiums sound and the energy of the crowd and flow of game.

I think it will take time to implement everything but if we keep complaining and sharing our opinions with EA through fansites like this and at the Community Days then I think they will begin to really get it together.

09 already looks 10x better then 08 and we havent even played it. They have really made an improvement on the worst aspect of 08, no atmosphere. It really makes me wonder what will be the big improvement in 2010. My guess would be game presentation. The commentary needs an overhaul, pre/post-game features. More in-depth features for the Dynasty mode. 09 Has EA off to a good start for the future of nex gen. I realize that 08 was a new game for PS3 and since Sony decided to make it nearly impossible to use, it took them some time to really get it together. Although I think they could have made it much easier and better on the 360. But why would you put out an inferior product on the rival system? it wouldnt make sense, so they took the loss and just made do with what they could.

But anyways hopefully the coaching carousel will be added next year.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
What does last gen have? A coaching carousel? I never noticed. As far as I've seen, even in last gen, coaches don't move unless you take their job. Then again, I haven't really looked for it. Do coaches move around in last gen without you "bumping" them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »