Home

Online Performance?

This is a discussion on Online Performance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Online Performance?

Steve - can you shed any light on how this game plays online in regard to lag? The online dynasty feature has my undivided attention and there is much fun to be had with it IF... and it is a HUGE "IF"... the online lag is absent. I don't need to tell anyone on these boards of the impact the laggy gameplay has had on all Xbox 360 versions of this title to date.

Please bring good news...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Online Performance?

I never had any issue with 08 in regards to lag.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I've only played 1 game online(so i could have been lucky) with '08 but i didn't have any lag with the on-the-field action. the only lag there was with the menus and depth chart, more than it does while offline.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I've only played 1 game online(so i could have been lucky) with '08 but i didn't have any lag with the on-the-field action. the only lag there was with the menus and depth chart, more than it does while offline.
Yeah i should have said i had no ON-FIELD lag, in the menus there was some fierce lag going on..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

There always is somewhat of a lag when you play online. Always. Might me just a little one but it's there as long as you're playing with a connection.

Now, the ones that say every year that "I have no lag at all when I played" just don't feel the lag, which is great for them as far as gameplay goes. I always feel the lag though, because I'm typically a DB trying to cover, so the lag is evident. I've played online in 4 different states in 3 different time zones on 4 different "jet-fast" connections, and yes, some are worse than others; but even the good ones still have a bit of a lag.

There, I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

But I still love to play online
Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
There always is somewhat of a lag when you play online. Always. Might me just a little one but it's there as long as you're playing with a connection.

Now, the ones that say every year that "I have no lag at all when I played" just don't feel the lag, which is great for them as far as gameplay goes. I always feel the lag though, because I'm typically a DB trying to cover, so the lag is evident. I've played online in 4 different states in 3 different time zones on 4 different "jet-fast" connections, and yes, some are worse than others; but even the good ones still have a bit of a lag.

There, I'm done.
All online games have lag. He is talking about noticeable lag. That's what most folks are going to reply to (noticeable lag) as well. That's what I meant in my post. There has never been any noticeable lag for me when I've played online for NCAA.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt

There, I'm done.
well yes, theres always going to be a slight delay because, well, your not on the same console or in a LAN. especially for games that use Peer-to-Peer hosting. but theres a difference between normal lag and noticable lag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »