Home

NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #521
Rookie

zwief's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here

Not sure this has been brought up yet (dont want to search 52 pages), but how is the pre-game presentation? Is there a preview of the game? Players? Weekly show like in CH 2k8? Is there a in-game ticker of other scores? Has anyone tried playing a CPU vs CPU game? What were the scores? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #522
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They can do progressive lighting, it was in last year's game.
But not in this years game. There was honestly nothing wrong with what they had, but they have to go and change it.

See, I know the pattern with EA. You put in a feature one year, take it away two years later, and two years after that you put it back in and say it's brand new. Progressive lighting, Hardest stadiums to play in, the works.

I'm not saying it's a bad money making strategy, I'm just saying that they can't stick to one thing and create more new things to justify sales.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #523
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
LOL. I dont really know what so LOL. Just LOL.

anyway, I havent had any glitches and Ive had just about as much fun as you can have with a demo. Im not saying im 100% buying the game yet but I havent seen anything to deter me from buying it. I def like the way the game feels when running.

also is homefield advantage back where the screen shakes? i swear I saw a screen on the demo that said homefield advantage.

yeah if you want to see it just go to the mascot game and be texas, it comes up right on the first time you get the ball..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #524
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Alright, after 6 games (4 as LSU and 2 as OSU):

**I have only seen one INT for either team and that me throwing it directly to the waiting LB on a crossing route. Dumb throw. CPU still hasn't throw an INT. I'm actually shocked and I probably just jinxed myself.

A few impressions:

- Carrying the ball in open space is just a blast. Man, have I missed this feeling the past two years on next-gen.

- User catching is much more responsive than last year, but it doesn't feel cheap at all. It has made the passing game more fun as well. Battling for the deep ball is much better than the past 2 years of NCAA.

- QB in the pocket feels a lot better than in previous years. However, the throwing animation is bad because of the way the ball comes out. Overall the CPU QB is far too accurate with his throws. I saw a couple of under/over throws, but still Boeckman or Perrilloux shouldn't complete 80% pass attempts.

- The DBs have attitude after they shut down the pass. I like it! I feel like I'm playing vs. da U or FSU back in the day.

- I love the player models and numerous animations on both sides of the ball. Running, tackling, catching, etc. Although, there are still too many WWE tackles and too many defenders jump to make a tackle.

- Ball physics are not that good. Tipped passes look odd for some reason.

- I saw the CPU miss a 37 yd FG. The old gen people that made the switch will love to hear that after playing '07 & '08 (rudyjuly and fistofrage, I'm talking to you).

Overall, for a demo, I really like what I see. I can't wait for the final build. Oh, and I LOVE the playbooks!

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-19-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #525
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwief
Not sure this has been brought up yet (dont want to search 52 pages), but how is the pre-game presentation? Is there a preview of the game? Players? Weekly show like in CH 2k8? Is there a in-game ticker of other scores? Has anyone tried playing a CPU vs CPU game? What were the scores? Thanks in advance.
No real pregame, Kirk just goes over a player and Brad introduces you to the game. There is no ticker (that I saw), and we won't know about shows until the game comes out (although I wouldn't get my hopes up).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #526
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
But not in this years game. There was honestly nothing wrong with what they had, but they have to go and change it.

See, I know the pattern with EA. You put in a feature one year, take it away two years later, and two years after that you put it back in and say it's brand new. Progressive lighting, Hardest stadiums to play in, the works.

I'm not saying it's a bad money making strategy, I'm just saying that they can't stick to one thing and create more new things to justify sales.
But you are acting as if they took it out just to re-introduce it later. The entire lighting system was redone, as is quite obvious from the demo, to make the lighting look much much more realistic. It was because of that reason that they didn't have time to re-integrate the progressive lighting.

Yes it does suck that for this one year we won't have the progressive lighting but what we will have is much more improved and realistic lighting and next year we will get back our progressive lighting. Would you rather they just have not done anything at all with it and left it? Then they'd have been criticized for not trying to innovate their product. EA can't win for losing here.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #527
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Also, I played the mascot game for a half. The Swamp looks great. However, UF's playbook is not in the demo. I'm looking forward to what EA added to it for this year.

Mascot game is just silly stuff. My kids and nephews will probably think it's fun.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #528
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey ODogg do you mean the Keith Jackson from Arkansas? Or another person? Oh yea and playing with Pryor is easier than using Boeckman. Pryor is just smoother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »