Home

Your best state to recruit in besides your pipeline state(s)?

This is a discussion on Your best state to recruit in besides your pipeline state(s)? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Your best state to recruit in besides your pipeline state(s)?

Just curious as to which state(s) you guys have had success recruiting in outside of your pipeline states.

For me, playing as Louisville, my most successful state believe it or not has been Montana. Don't ask me why and I really can't explain how. Last year, I recruited a kid from there that was an OT and was a 4-star recruit. It took some time and some persuading, but I ended up getting him to commit. The next season, I recruited 3 guys from the state of Montana( 2*, 3* and another 4*). The year after that, it was another 3 guys that I recruited from Montana and it continued to be at least 3 guys that I would land from Montana each and every year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Your best state to recruit in besides your pipeline state(s)?

why go outside Texas?

i have had a few good recruits from Arizona an New Mexico. don't remember any specifics from them though.(this was in my MTSU dynasty, Texas was a pipeline after year one and stayed that way even though i never had more than 5 total people from there.).
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

I scalp the entire nation with ND. I can't wait to steal recruits from the southeast and California!

Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

As Arkansas, I usually rack up on prospects from TX.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

As Ohio State, I would rarely need to leave Ohio... but when I do I'm usually in FL or PA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #6
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

normally I end up getting good runningbacks and linebackers from down in Florida with Auburn. Florida may be a pipeline state, I'm not sure if it is in the game or not. I normally don't stray far from Alabama and Georgia though.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Normally I'm playing with a team that has a low recruiting budget, so I hang around the surrounding states. But if I'm playing as Ohio State, I love to prey on Florida and the general south (LA, AL, GA, etc).
Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

It's funny because with each edition of the game in recent memory I have been able to poach a guy from South Dakota who turns into a stud, and I've used a different team in each instance.

One time it was a 2 star RB who ended up developing into a stud playmaking RB, he was a huge threat running, as well as receiving. I was able to lead Northwestern to the Rose Bowl on that kid's back. I had a two star 6'7" receiver come out of SD as well who had two 1,200 yard receiving seasons.

My favorite though was safety Neal Hunter in NCAA '06 from South Dakota. The guy flat out dominated for me when I was playing with UCF. With him it was only the second time I have ever had a guy on my team in years of playing NCAA who had 100 tackles, his senior year he had 104 tackles, 11 interceptions, and 6 sacks. Not to mention he had a knack for injuring opposing players with huge hits. The thing was his attributes weren't amazing, he only had 86 speed, a good tackle rating, not great strength, was an 84 overall his senior year. Probably as close as you can get to an "all heart" type player in a videogame. He just got it done in spite of his ratings.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »