Home

In real life Lb's can't keep up with Rb's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on In real life Lb's can't keep up with Rb's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
In real life Lb's can't keep up with Rb's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this a surprise to people? I understand we are all use to a certain level of fakeness where our 240 pound linebackers run stride for stride with 215 pound rb's but i think Ncaa has taken a step in the right direction here. Yet what does the forum do? trash them for it..."My Lb cant stay with recievers and backs!" Y SHOULD THEY!!?? in real life they cant and dont with a few exceptions, of course. I think NCaa just needs to implement Defensive matchups so u can limit the mismatches certain offensive players create, but please, someone argue how the speed is unrealistic in that lbs should be able to stay with the faster targets. Prime example...Al Wilson, in Madden hes typically had around 85 speed in madden, which basically means he can cover anyone from a 85 to a low 90's speed rating...thats great except for in real life he gets left in the dust by faster players as do most Lb's is that what u want it to go back to? let me kno, i thought every1 wanted realism, but now since realism is different and makes the game harder u dnt like it? i dnt kno about the whole quicksand thing im talkin about the pure difference in speed between players, and i think its better than its ever been. The only reason Im posting this is i dnt want Ea to see all these people complaining about it and say o well guess they dont like that lets bring it back to how it use to be, not without me saying my piece anyway.

Last edited by vsoul86; 07-23-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: In real life Lb's can't keep up with Rb's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Posted in another thread*

If you're using your HB on a passing route, your OL should be at a major disadvantage, leaving significantly less time for him to actually break away from the line backer. That is why running backs don't dominate the receiving yards in the NFL and NCAA. Realistically, the running back should only be past the line of scrimmage on a pass play for 2-3 seconds at most, not enough to get the 10 yards of separation that they get in the game.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I have to agree with this post..not saying that there can't be some adjustments to the game, but LB's should not be able to cover WR's or RB's over the middle unless the coverage that is called puts them in good spots to make plays.

I tried some different things on heisman level with sliders last night and got some good success with my coverage over the middle. Sliding your LBs and safties towards coverage is a must in order to defend over the middle. I was getting the QB's to throw towards the sidelines because I was covering the middle so well. Was pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

You can have a corner on a rb running a out route and he won't keep up. But in real life a lb would adapt to a rb running a out route everyplay also.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Curtis Lofton could....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X_x4WvWEJO4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Ha Lofton is a monster and is very fast
Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

The fact is that anyone is going to get open given enough time. Sure a LB cant keep up with a speedy back, even more so in college football. The problem is that QBs and their respective receiver have all the time they need.

I would also like to point out that D players rated the same speed as O players in this game are slower.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #8
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
Ha Lofton is a monster and is very fast
Lofton ran in the 4.7 to high 4.6 range in pre-draft workouts. He's hardly a burner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »