Home

For one night...

This is a discussion on For one night... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
For one night...

...this game was fun. Now it is downright frustrating. Is there ANY WAY to stop the pass in this game? Get a pass rush going? I've got my "break block" slider on 80 and I can't get close to the QB. They march down the field throwing the ball all over the place on me, no matter what D I choose! What the &$%@#?

And the moment that put me over the edge on this 2nd day of renting the game...
Game is tied with just seconds left. I'm trying a 45 yard field goal for the win and the home team ices my kicker. Without an instructions booklet, I have no clue how to deal with being iced. Anyway, the kick falls miserably short and the CPU player catches it in the endzone. Breaks like....3 typically sure tackles and is heading down the sideline for the win. Totally unrealistic runback. I hit the Start...Screw it...buttons!!

And no, I haven't read every friggin' posting in the massive Glitches thread. Honestly, who the heck is going to do that? If what I'm writing here are known problems with NCAA and are reasons why alot of people are wenching about the game, I totally understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: For one night...

Honestly...you're going to have to wait until the 2nd patch comes in September like the rest of us unfortunately.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #3
Banned

Honestly...you're going to have to wait until the 2nd patch comes in September like the rest of us unfortunately.

Since this is just a rental, I'm hoping to be well into a decent Madden franchise by September, but that's assuming Madden proves good this year. Since we haven't heard much about franchise, I'm not holding my breath on a vastly improved Madden honestly.
As for NCAA, rent and return. That'll be it. Not worth the frustration.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:30 AM   #4
Pro

LoL, U think thats Bad, I just scored to tie the game, 1:13 left, I intercept it, runnign down the field it me and 4 teammates behind me, I pitch because in front of me is no1, I misearbly throw a pitch, The CPU gets up from tackling the ball handler, scoops the ball up, scores, with 38 secs left....I came back and scored, but thats not the point, I went into 3 OT, when it shoulda ended at regulation
Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Same boat here for the most part, Im trying the game in spurts at the moment and Im not sure I like what Im seeing. Its a huge letdown as I really enjoy the recruiting aspect, playing with a player and watching him go onto Madden where I try and get him and see how he performs there. I love how losing 1-2 games on NCAA will more then likely take you out of consideration for the national title where as in Madden, and the NFL obviously, you can sometimes go 9-7 and still make the playoffs and then its a new season. I get more amped for college football for those reasons alone, and I dont even watch college football. I want to wait until September but in all honesty, Im desperate for time now, in September its only going to be worse except Im going to have more games to play, Madden and NFL Head Coach for starters. Im glad I rented this and didnt buy it based on my expectations or else I would be really pissed at this point, as it stands Im annoyed with it all but atleast Im not out 60.00 on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #6
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
LoL, U think thats Bad, I just scored to tie the game, 1:13 left, I intercept it, runnign down the field it me and 4 teammates behind me, I pitch because in front of me is no1, I misearbly throw a pitch, The CPU gets up from tackling the ball handler, scoops the ball up, scores, with 38 secs left....I came back and scored, but thats not the point, I went into 3 OT, when it shoulda ended at regulation
Sounds like a bad judgment call on your part. If you can score in under 38 seconds you probably should've taken the tackle and ran plays down the field, taking time off the clock, setting yourself up for a field goal with little to no time remaining.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »