Home

This game gives me high blood pressure....

This is a discussion on This game gives me high blood pressure.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
This game gives me high blood pressure....

I'm soooooo freakin disappointed in this game and the stuff it does it's not even funny. It these new controllers werent so expensive I would've chunked it by now. I literally have a headache after my last game. I lost to Texas(as Tennessee) after Texas robo-QB'd down the field and threw a wide open TD to their TE in which my safety and OLB ran to the right and my other safety ran to the left leaving this guy wide open. I swear to God, this is ridiculous!!!!!!! WTH am I supposed to be every man on the field at ONCE??? So I get the ball back with seconds left. I get ready to throw a hail mary from midfield, and teh DE for Texas breaks through one block, then hurdles over another and right as I throw (of course I get sucked into the sack animation), get sacked and the game is over.

Not to mention the stupid plays where the guards pull to the opposite side and don't block ANYBODY. Instead they just let the defensive guy run past them while tehy are literally blocking the air. And the freakin 1st downs I have missed when I have a guy wide open on a slant route, BUT one of my other teammates in the area decides he wants to catch the ball instead.

This is terrible!!

I can't believe I ever complained about the robo QB back in the days of Genesis, PsOne. They have NOTHING on the overall mess this game pulls.

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-31-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 AM   #2
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: This game gives me high blood pressure....

When a game is giving you headaches, high blood pressure, etc. it might be a sign for you to stop playing it.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

I just get disgusted for wasting over an hour of my time, battling through issues resulting from piss poor programming, and finally getting to the end and getting screwed.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 AM   #4
Rookie

nekstyami's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm soooooo freakin disappointed in this game and the stuff it does it's not even funny. It these new controllers werent so expensive I would've chunked it by now. I literally have a headache after my last game. I lost to Texas(as Tennessee) after Texas robo-QB'd down the field and threw a wide open TD to their TE in which my safety and OLB ran to the right and my other safety ran to the left leaving this guy wide open. I swear to God, this is ridiculous!!!!!!! WTH am I supposed to be every man on the field at ONCE??? So I get the ball back with seconds left. I get ready to throw a hail mary from midfield, and teh DE for Texas breaks through one block, then hurdles over another and right as I throw (of course I get sucked into the sack animation), get sacked and the game is over.

Not to mention the stupid plays where the guards pull to the opposite side and don't block ANYBODY. Instead they just let the defensive guy run past them while tehy are literally blocking the air. And the freakin 1st downs I have missed when I have a guy wide open on a slant route, BUT one of my other teammates in the area decides he wants to catch the ball instead.

This is terrible!!

I can't believe I ever complained about the robo QB back in the days of Genesis, PsOne. They have NOTHING on the overall mess this game pulls.

I had to stop playing last years NCAA because I went through something like 5 controller from throwing them at the ground because of some bs. This year i have only managed to partially destroy one controller... still works and everything but is just a little distorted hopefully my NCAA trend of busting controllers will someday come to an end... it gets too expensive
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #5
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I just get disgusted for wasting over an hour of my time battling through issues from piss poor programming, and finally getting to the end and getting screwed.
If you really see playing the game as a "waste of time" and have to deal with "piss poor programming," why are you still playing? No point in dealing with that. Video games are supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, don't play. There are plenty of other games out there that you could be enjoying right now.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 02:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

bro i hear what your saying.I play every day just cant seem to be all the way happy.MaDDEN WILL PROBABLY BE THE SAME.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekstyami
I had to stop playing last years NCAA because I went through something like 5 controller from throwing them at the ground because of some bs. This year i have only managed to partially destroy one controller... still works and everything but is just a little distorted hopefully my NCAA trend of busting controllers will someday come to an end... it gets too expensive
Dude, I'm telling you there's NO worse feeling. I could take it if the game didnt start cheatin until the last drive or so.

But the issues in this game are like a person thumping you on your ear the whole game, then finally in the end, you get screwed over. I swear I was seeing red. I'm goint to buy me a new game tomorrow, maybe The Show or College Hoops 2k8 b/c this game ain't cuttin it.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:31 AM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
If you really see playing the game as a "waste of time" and have to deal with "piss poor programming," why are you still playing? No point in dealing with that. Video games are supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, don't play. There are plenty of other games out there that you could be enjoying right now.
I paid 60 bucks for this game, and I don't believe in just wasting money(although I did when I bought this). The issue is that it'll be fun for a drive or two, then do something that'll cost you a turnover or a TD.

What your saying doesnt really make sense b/c many people are still trying to give this game a chance but just get extremely frustrated at the poor effort that occur at certain times in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
bro i hear what your saying.I play every day just cant seem to be all the way happy.MaDDEN WILL PROBABLY BE THE SAME.

Exactly, it's like you just keep hoping you'll get a good game out of it. And sometimes it'll give you a good game for 2 quarters, sometimes 3 quarter, and sometimes it'll come out of teh gate doing stupid stuff and continue for the duration of the game.

Don't worry, I'm not buying Madden....

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-31-2008 at 02:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »