Home

Rocket Catches!!!

This is a discussion on Rocket Catches!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Rocket Catches!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i tried to do it in practice mode but couldn't. either it was picked or my WR got hit in mid-air and dropped the ball.

i suck at "cheesing" i guess, or Texas Tech is not the team to use, even with Crabtree?

It's easy to do with him actually. The defender tried to stop me from catching this one, but no cigar

Now there are ways to defend this, but you have to have the right teams to do so and that's what makes me so frustrated. EA basically forces people into playing with certain teams and playing a specific style of defense when they do these things. For instance, two teams you better not try to rocket on against a good player, is OSU and USC. Tall DB's will take it every time. Another team is FSU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #26
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Ponder to Carr works 80% of the time (FSU). I don't get why people do this. Is it really that important to you that you win by doing cheap sh*t? Is it fun? I can understand doing it for money but most of the people that are "good" at the tournies just use these cheap sh*t tricks.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
Ponder to Carr works 80% of the time (FSU). I don't get why people do this. Is it really that important to you that you win by doing cheap sh*t? Is it fun? I can understand doing it for money but most of the people that are "good" at the tournies just use these cheap sh*t tricks.
Well I think there is more to it than that. EA's QB's are highly inaccurate. If you do not catch it then chances are it is going to get picked as the WR himself will simply give up on the play are act like he doesn't know where he is. I've notice this on a lot of even medium routes and have started catching those myself as well. I absolutely hate leading the WR and the ball goes behind him. What is that? On deep balls the balls seem to automatically go to the DB unless you go get it.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's easy to do with him actually. The defender tried to stop me from catching this one, but no cigar

Now there are ways to defend this, but you have to have the right teams to do so and that's what makes me so frustrated. EA basically forces people into playing with certain teams and playing a specific style of defense when they do these things. For instance, two teams you better not try to rocket on against a good player, is OSU and USC. Tall DB's will take it every time. Another team is FSU.
yeah, it looked like that when i tried it, but he dropped it most of the time when he was hit or hit the ground.(it was TTU Vs. TTU in practice mode) if he was open he caught it, but when that animation where the DB is there on the hit he dropped it most of the time(well maybe 50/50). and the other WRs for Tech are short, so it doesn't work well. lol
i guess sliders can change it, but that doesn't help online though.

what sucks is in every mode i have played with him in(offline dynasty/online dynasty/campus legend) he always gets hurt for multiple weeks.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
yeah, it looked like that when i tried it, but he dropped it most of the time when he was hit or hit the ground.(it was TTU Vs. TTU in practice mode) if he was open he caught it, but when that animation where the DB is there on the hit he dropped it most of the time(well maybe 50/50). and the other WRs for Tech are short, so it doesn't work well. lol
i guess sliders can change it, but that doesn't help online though.

what sucks is in every mode i have played with him in(offline dynasty/online dynasty/campus legend) he always gets hurt for multiple weeks.
He gets hurt a lot in online games too, so I sub him off the kick return squads and replace him with someone else.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
He gets hurt a lot in online games too, so I sub him off the kick return squads and replace him with someone else.
i never use him in special teams, he doesn't in real life(at least not yet), so i use the players Tech uses in real life.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
i never use him in special teams, he doesn't in real life(at least not yet), so i use the players Tech uses in real life.
I figured he was not on special teams. EA has him on there by default, kick and punt return. This one kid I played that used Oregon, had both starting WR's as kick returners and boy did I pay for it. That's another thing they need to add to their games. They need to allow you to squib kick. Of course they probably do not allow us to do that because the cheesers used it previously as a type of onside kick and could get it every friggin time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77

Thats the same thing I wonder what do they get out of playing like that. I was playing a guy last night that used UF he scored 7 touchdowns by doing that to Harvin every time. I scored 6 touchdowns just moving right down the field and exploiting his joke of a defense of blitzing everybody, but when it came down to it I couldn't stop the catches it would be 3rd and 22, 4th and 11, 4th and 16 and a 3rd and 12 every time he came with that and caught all over my DB who I had face guarding him with a safety helping and they still catch it. it just doesn't make any sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »