Home

List "Features" EA has Taken Away

This is a discussion on List "Features" EA has Taken Away within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #33
Rookie

bconey23's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: List "Features" EA has Taken Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefire
so true Stonecold. Current Gen / next gen.

You know what really rubs me raw? What really gets my blood absolutey boiling to the breaking point?

EA sports, "if it's in the game, it's in the game" ACTUALLY PAID SOMEONE MONEY...(some of our money) to sit and work on mascot games. FREAKIN MASCOT GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

When is the last time you ever saw a mascot game in real life? Televised on tv perhaps? Pay per view?

None? Zero? But it's in the game. how can this be? They actually pay someone to make mascot games better each year while ignoring what has to be some very simple things to fix.

Like the "drive" stats. You take control of the ball at 50, and "drive" 10 yrds to the 40 and kick a field goal. The window pops up and says you have a 50 yrd scoring drive. THAT is just basic math people. FIX IT!
That is funny. I noticed the same thing, I thought it was me seeing something wrong, or maybe I misread the yardlines or something. I had a 97 yard drive the other night and I started from the 35 after the kickoff..
Old 08-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #34
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

i really liked the end of season all star game. i played it every time i had a player get picked.

why did/does Marshall have our mascot and alt. uniforms in the '04 version on ps2 but neither on the '09 version on 360???
Old 08-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just remembered something. It has been increasingly harder to have players become studs. I remember on whatever NCAA game that had Joey Harrington on the cover, I recruited a contributor RB that was a 65 overall but he had 95 spd. Due to injuries in my dynasty, he had to start, and by his senior year he was a 95 overall and had four straight 1,000 yard rushing seasons. The reason I remember this is because it happened that ONE time. It happens all of the time in college football when a lowly recruited nobody becomes a college stud. On 09, if you don't have a recruit starting out as a freshmen at least an 80, you can forget about a 95 overall rating by the time they are a senior even if you redshirt him.
NBA - New Orleans Hornets
MLB - don't really care anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #36
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

1. Formation subs is the biggest.
2. I miss global playbooks too. The playbooks the give us are too small.
3. Bowl Playoff option from NCAA 2000. Was the best playoff option in all college football games EVER.
4. ALL THE REAL STADIUMS! It is a joke that there teams still playing in fake stadiums three years in.
5. Pre game show
6. Team specific intros
7. Better fan reaction.
8. Having struggling teams not START EVERY GAME AS A SELLOUT!
9. All alternate uniforms
10. Paying $49.99 and getting more than I am paying $59.99.

EA needs to wake up cause some of us are at the end of our ropes.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't beleive nobody thought of this one. Current scores in games around the nation? They had in in for at least a year, I just forgot which one. Granted, you had to hit start and then they'd show them. Or how about old-school Madden when they had the end of game highlights from other games? Now that's some stuff you guys need to put in there.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

One feature I really missed was the custom signs feature. I used to sit for hours just creating signs for different situations. It made head to head games that much more fun.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:30 AM   #39
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
1. Formation subs is the biggest.
2. I miss global playbooks too. The playbooks the give us are too small.
3. Bowl Playoff option from NCAA 2000. Was the best playoff option in all college football games EVER.
4. ALL THE REAL STADIUMS! It is a joke that there teams still playing in fake stadiums three years in.
5. Pre game show
6. Team specific intros
7. Better fan reaction.
8. Having struggling teams not START EVERY GAME AS A SELLOUT!
9. All alternate uniforms
10. Paying $49.99 and getting more than I am paying $59.99.

EA needs to wake up cause some of us are at the end of our ropes.
+1 I hear ya, actually all of you. As a 23yr old NCAA gamer (since that's the only game I play) I'm finding it harder and harder to defend myself when I get asked "Why are you playing a game that makes you so mad, isn't it supposed to be fun?" I answer with "Because I love college football and this is a way to be more immersed in it without actually playing, I mean look at those graphics." "Ya but if it's no fun to play who cares how good it looks." I can't keep using that same line, there's so many things that were getting cheated out of that old gen or current gen had and the number 1 thing is an overall enjoyable game, a game that you don't find yourself cussing out the t.v. because how ridiculous the A.I. is playing for good or bad. I think I need to practice some money management next summer when NCAA comes out meaning managing to keep my $60 in my wallet and not in EA's.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #40
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunna23
I can't beleive nobody thought of this one. Current scores in games around the nation? They had in in for at least a year, I just forgot which one. Granted, you had to hit start and then they'd show them. Or how about old-school Madden when they had the end of game highlights from other games? Now that's some stuff you guys need to put in there.
lol @ something that was in Madden back in like 94 still not being back in now. And it's a realistic feature, not just some fluff.

The only thing I'd like too see that was not on PS2 is the All-Star game at the end of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »