Home

NCAA 09 Patch #2 Available --- Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Patch #2 Available --- Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #929
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 09 Patch #2 Available --- Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
No. You have to go online directly with the PS3.
Is there any other way I can get it?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #930
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I'm picking this up this week for 360 and am looking forward to playing. Sounds like the game is playing really well now that Patch #2 is out. I'm glad I waited to buy until now b/c had I picked it up at launch, and with all the issues it had, I probably would've traded it in long ago.
I play this game more than most but I have to say it is terribly flawed in the AI department. There are so many WTF moments it makes me depressed.

It is playable and enjoyable, especially with online dynasty.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #931
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_2K
Is there any other way I can get it?
The only way is to connect your PS3 to the internet. Bring your PS3 over to a friend's house or something because working sliders are huge and without the patch, you won't have them. I know you love sliders (aren't you a big hockey slider nut?).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #932
Rookie

bconey23's Arena

OVR: 2

Since the patches and now playing for a few weeks with them I am very happy about the rosters issues being fixed, crashing, etc. I am also happy with now I actually do have a type of defense that I had in last gen. My only I guess I will call it a complaint, is that that middle of the field is still exposed and as many others have stated, the zone coverage is as if the players are only able to move in those little blue, yellow,etc circles. They dont seem to react like last gen. Also I noticed since post patch is that if my receiver is say running a simple play up field and breaks towards the left/right sideline and I throw with full power (doesn't matter) and my receiver has the corner beat, no matter how much less the corner back is rated less than my receiver the corner breaks on the ball and usually picks it off or deflects the pass. With that I see an issue with the direction button on the passing with the QB. I have noticed now that I can't loft with power over CB's, LB's anymore, it's very rare. The ball always seems to come up short and the defender just knocks it down. Overall though, pre patch, I was extremely dissapointed, post patch, I am happy I got the game and will more than likely buy it next year, but I will not reserve it and buy on release until I come here and read post about the game.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #933
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

After playing around 25 games after the patch, and just about as many before the patch. I can honestly say this is the best NCAA I've played in years. It's not QUITE as good as 2004 gameplay-wise, but it's def the second best EA has ever released. I was pretty hard on the game after the first few weeks, but after the patch, it's a great game. If you are on the fence, I strongly recommend you buy this for next gen.

I'm loving this game right now both online and offline.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #934
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
After playing around 25 games after the patch, and just about as many before the patch. I can honestly say this is the best NCAA I've played in years. It's not QUITE as good as 2004 gameplay-wise, but it's def the second best EA has ever released. I was pretty hard on the game after the first few weeks, but after the patch, it's a great game. If you are on the fence, I strongly recommend you buy this for next gen.

I'm loving this game right now both online and offline.
I'll probably buy this game used tomorrow. There's about 3 Gamestops within a mile of me, so I know one of them should have it used. If for some reason I don't like the game, getting it used will let me return it for a full refund.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:20 AM   #935
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

I received the first patch for the rosters but when i plugged my Xbox in for the second I only recieved a system update not a game update for the game. Don't know wether I have the 2nd update or not but if i do have it I don't see that much of a big difference. Kickoff coverage is still lousy as I hardly get any tackles behind the 20 yard line.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #936
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
I received the first patch for the rosters but when i plugged my Xbox in for the second I only recieved a system update not a game update for the game. Don't know wether I have the 2nd update or not but if i do have it I don't see that much of a big difference. Kickoff coverage is still lousy as I hardly get any tackles behind the 20 yard line.
You won't see many tackles behind the 20 yard line since the players relative speed is too slow imo. They just take too long to get downfield. But you will see improved coverage and tackling which is much better on the punt returns. The net starting point on kick returns is still fairly good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »