Home

Am I wrong to want a realistic tackling, blocking game?

This is a discussion on Am I wrong to want a realistic tackling, blocking game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Am I wrong to want a realistic tackling, blocking game?

I bought the game Sunday and will be returning it on Thursday.

As I was playing I noticed something that made me lose my mind. Tackling in this game is the same like since 2004. I do not enjoy dragging defenders and watching 5 people get plowed over by the RB falling forward. That happens too many times to count.

There is no pocket.... None zero zilch. I hope they improve the system like they say they will.

I will say the recruiting would be the saving grace if that was all I was looking for.

Maybe I am being too critical, but why would they release such a broken product? Proper testing could prevent most of these issue. Its either or both time and competent System Acceptance testers. (If a financial company elevated this code they would lose most of their revenue.)

Sigh maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Am I wrong to want a realistic tackling, blocking game?

I think any chance for this to happen was a few years ago. It won't be different next year. They started from scratch on the next-gen consoles (they say) and kept the same old suction blocking line interactions and animation based tackling that ignores physics, so why would they throw away the entire system and start over in the middle of the console cycle? And can you imagine what would happen if they tried? They can't even do a fairly simple yearly update without breaking half the stuff in the game.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

are you wrong for wanting one.... no, of course not. you aren't any more wrong for wanting that as I am/was for growing up wanting a BJ from Pamela Anderson. now if you EXPECT this or even THINK it will actually happen you are FOOLISH. EA has laid a clear path for this game and realism is NOT it just as Pamela and I never got together.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
are you wrong for wanting one.... no, of course not. you aren't any more wrong for wanting that as I am/was for growing up wanting a BJ from Pamela Anderson. now if you EXPECT this or even THINK it will actually happen you are FOOLISH. EA has laid a clear path for this game and realism is NOT it just as Pamela and I never got together.
Your analogy makes me laugh and frown at the same time.

man I wish there was football competition.... Oh well.

I just hope RPGs pick up or I might not have many video games to play
Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 24

EA Sports football is all about the casual consumer and branching out to people who don't know football or are just learning it.

That's why you see Mascot games, Madden's rewind/my skill, etc. Gameplay improvements like you suggested (blocking/tackling, physics) are unlikely. I'm hoping the new community discussion with the developers leads to a better game, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

No, you arent wrong. Unfortunately, EA simply doesnt market their games towards "us". They market their game to the greatest common denominator.

Us folks here on this forum are a niche group. They will throw us some bones here and there, and there will always be just enough to generally satisfy us..otherwise we wouldnt keep posting, buying and playing.

By and large, the game is going to be whatever the heck they want it to be.

I'm of the opinon that there are precious few "mistakes".

If a game plays a certain way, its because that is exactly how the developers wanted it to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »