Home

Is a challenge possible in this game?

This is a discussion on Is a challenge possible in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Is a challenge possible in this game?

Playing on All-American, the only slider I adjusted were INT's down to 0 for both teams. Notre Dame vs. Purdue.

Just to see what would happen, I ran the exact same play every time over the span of 2 drives. Ace formation, Twin TE, PA TE Flood. Threw it to the TE who runs about ~7yd past the LOS towards the sideline every time.

Clausen was 14-14. I scored in 6 plays on a drive that started around the 35, and the 2nd drive I ran out of bounds at my own 6. That drive took 8 plays. Both easy TD's.

This is not a "oh look I found a money play" type post, this is just me asking with this kind of CPU "logic," is it possible to have a tough game in this? If it's slider adjustments, tell me and I'll do it. If Heisman is different, I'll change it. But seriously, as an adult, it's awful difficult for me to have fun with a game that is this painfully easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Is a challenge possible in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Playing on All-American, the only slider I adjusted were INT's down to 0 for both teams. Notre Dame vs. Purdue.

Just to see what would happen, I ran the exact same play every time over the span of 2 drives. Ace formation, Twin TE, PA TE Flood. Threw it to the TE who runs about ~7yd past the LOS towards the sideline every time.

Clausen was 14-14. I scored in 6 plays on a drive that started around the 35, and the 2nd drive I ran out of bounds at my own 6. That drive took 8 plays. Both easy TD's.

This is not a "oh look I found a money play" type post, this is just me asking with this kind of CPU "logic," is it possible to have a tough game in this? If it's slider adjustments, tell me and I'll do it. If Heisman is different, I'll change it. But seriously, as an adult, it's awful difficult for me to have fun with a game that is this painfully easy.
Check out my sliders and use Ask Corso to call your offensive plays. Use any play from the 1st 2 screens. I guarantee it will be a challenge because you can't call the same money plays over and over again.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Pro

Like I said. This isn't about me using money plays, it's about the CPU just fundamentally not being able to adjust to how you play.

While your suggestions are something I could try, what would it make a difference? Think about it. If the CPU is unable to adapt to someone who calls the same exact play, throwing it to the exact same receiver 14 TIMES IN A ROW, how is it going to be any better when I actually mix up my playcalling? Sure I may actually throw incomplete passes, but it's not like I'm going to be stopped consistently.

It's not like the game was any harder before I started doing that. That was late in the 2nd quarter and before that I had 80 yards rushing on 19 carries and Clausen was 6 for 9 for around 90 yards. And again I scored TD's on consecutive drives. That was all playing "normal," mixing up the play-calling.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Like I said. This isn't about me using money plays, it's about the CPU just fundamentally not being able to adjust to how you play.

While your suggestions are something I could try, what would it make a difference? Think about it. If the CPU is unable to adapt to someone who calls the same exact play, throwing it to the exact same receiver 14 TIMES IN A ROW, how is it going to be any better when I actually mix up my playcalling? Sure I may actually throw incomplete passes, but it's not like I'm going to be stopped consistently.

It's not like the game was any harder before I started doing that. That was late in the 2nd quarter and before that I had 80 yards rushing on 19 carries and Clausen was 6 for 9 for around 90 yards. And again I scored TD's on consecutive drives. That was all playing "normal," mixing up the play-calling.
Try my sliders for a half and report back or don't I really don't care what you do. I will tell you though that the PA pass to the flat is pretty much a money and the AI most of the time will not defend it. Of the other thing is, I don't audible.

Anyway, use my sliders, ask Corso 1st and 2nd screen only so you have 8 plays to choose from. No audibling out of the play.

It will provide a challenge if thats what you are looking for.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Pro

I'll give it a try.

I rarely ever audible either, I think that is something that's insanely abused in the game and I stay away from it.

I just have to say though that I can't imagine I'll enjoy playing with your suggestions considering how limiting it makes the game. Only use 8 plays, never audible, PA passes to the flat shouldn't be used because the AI doesn't cover them.

I mean, why don't I just play Tecmo Super Bowl? They only have 8 plays, and you can't audible because it doesn't exist in the game.

This is nothing against you, you're trying to make the game a challenge and I appreciate/understand that. I just......I cannot explain how frustrating playing this game can be at times. But I guess if you want to win every game 80-0, it's a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

please dont complain about the game being too easy when your playing on AA..go to Heisman if you think its too easy, i get good competition most of the time on heisman and my sliders..

NCAA Football and Basketball
Tennessee Volunteers

A very fun football MMORPG - \/\/\/\/\/\/
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=23627433

Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac52
please dont complain about the game being too easy when your playing on AA..go to Heisman if you think its too easy, i get good competition most of the time on heisman and my sliders..
I'm proud of you.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, even on AA you can get good game or even get blown out. Use a 60 something OVR team against a team in the 80's and 90's OVR. You will get a challenge and probably lose, unless you're a non-sim still player.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »