Home

Is this cheese?

This is a discussion on Is this cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Is this cheese?

Ok, LSU runs a defensive formation called the LSU express where the hot swap their DTs for DEs in order to get fast pressure on the QB. If you start seeing guys doing this in their depth charts would you consider it cheese?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Is this cheese?

Since a team does it in real life quite often then no. If no team had done this yet then I would probably consider it cheese.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Since a team does it in real life quite often then no. If no team had done this yet then I would probably consider it cheese.
Thats what I was thinking. And this would probably combat the amazing offensive lines on Heisman

Old 10-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 24

I wouldn't consider it cheese because its used in real life and i doubt it would be overly effective. For me both these conditions must be met to decide if cheese.

I don't agree with Razr fully- Just because a real team does it is irrelevant on its own. Cheesing is abusing issues with the game (Ie coding) not only whether its used in real life

Last edited by dkrause1971; 10-25-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I wouldn't consider it cheese because its used in real life and i doubt it would be effective.

I don't agree with Razr however- Just because a real team does it is irrelevant. Cheesing is abusing issues with the game (Ie coding) not whether its realistic or not.
IDK if it would work either. Because most DEs dont have high Power/Finesse moves. But if they can beat the guards of the ball it may not matter that much. Beside, they would probably get a major awareness drop when you make the move on the depth chart

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
IDK if it would work either. Because most DEs dont have high Power/Finesse moves. But if they can beat the guards of the ball it may not matter that much. Beside, they would probably get a major awareness drop when you make the move on the depth chart
I agree- i just don't think it would be effective.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Ok, LSU runs a defensive formation called the LSU express where the hot swap their DTs for DEs in order to get fast pressure on the QB. If you start seeing guys doing this in their depth charts would you consider it cheese?
Yeh, did you watch February's Super Bowl? The Giants killed Tom Brady doing so...but I would be interested if it worked in the game against the AI. Of course the run D would suffer (if the appropriate sliders are insituted)
Old 10-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Yeh, did you watch February's Super Bowl? The Giants killed Tom Brady doing so...but I would be interested if it worked in the game against the AI. Of course the run D would suffer (if the appropriate sliders are insituted)
Yeah they did do that. I forgot all about that. I'll try it out in practice and report back soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »