Home

does anyone have a good defense for pa to hb on dual hb

This is a discussion on does anyone have a good defense for pa to hb on dual hb within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
does anyone have a good defense for pa to hb on dual hb

Hey guys whats up latly my brother keeps beating me in franchise with dual hb package pa passes and I can't stop it... Even when I try to cover him manually he will still get 5 yards everytime and it's real annoying. So is their like um any good defense play or playbook I should use to stop this thanks .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 AM   #2
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: does anyone have a good defense for pa to hb on dual hb

I had this problem with a guy using Ohio State. He had Brandon Saine at FB running to the flats and play-action with Beanie Wells in the I-formation. I was using Missouri, so it was tough to stop. I ended up losing 28-21 because of this play being abused left and right.

This was one of the few times I forgot to go to my favorite defense in the game, the 4-2-5. I like the 4-3, but the 4-2-5 is my favorite. When someone's abusing this, I run my linebackers with a flat zone, but they need to be fast. It's a risk, but sometimes I'll blitz both of the corners and see if they'll pick it off and go for 6. Need good safety though.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

straight up cover 2 out of 4-3 over. its not a good thing if they run screen on this d but i never have a problem with the flats when im in it. spread out you dline and slant them out. they will contain. you will be open up the gut so cover that with you mlb and if you see screen you have to take it down on your own with the mlb. when i play online i only play on heisman and this removes alot of the easy (Wide Open) plays that you can always run on AA.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

3-3-5 split cover 2... If he likes to run his QB hot route the DE's to contain... If not, spread the line and rush out... You will pick the flat passes. Play FS and watch the deep ball...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

I just played a guy online who played like this. All he did was pass to his HB's out of the backfield. And if i covered them he just ran around with his QB till a WR got open or one of his HB's got away from me. I dont normally quit(my dnf % is 8% from lost connections), but going into the 4th i was down 28-14 with him having the ball.

Plus he put LBs at DE, i swear this LB had 90 speed cause i got sacked like 4 times by him.

Then he proceeded to message me calling me profane names. I bet he's like 13. Probably one of the worst cheesers(top 3 atleast) ive played online, so far.

But i hear cover 2 works to stop the HBs out of the backfield, but it also makes you vunerable down field if the guy just runs around in the backfield 10-20 yards deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #6
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Im quick with my defensive hot routes so for guys that cheese like this i run a 5-2, cover 2 man. Crazy huh? I hot route my DEs to the flat, put the two LBs in the pink zones (buzz I think), spy the middle DT, and contain with the outside 2 DEs. Make sure you keep the two safeties in deep zones and CBs in man. Stops flats, scramblers, and passes across the middle. Its vulnerable to runs up the middle and WR curls but covers virtually anything else.

If that doesnt work try the 3 deep zone in Quarters. The DEs automatically contain, 2 CBs are in te flats, 2 remaining CBs and Lb are in the yellow zone. Hot route the LB to spy

Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey guys thanks for the advice i will try these against him when we play a franchise game tommorow i'm so due to beat him, i've won a few online and the advice you guys gave me really helped. Pluse 4-2-5 is a real nice defense just used this against someone and had 4 picks one for a td . But the advice you guys gave me should help it sucks when your on a long losing streak vs someone who you know you can beat...
Old 11-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcardsfan81
hey guys thanks for the advice i will try these against him when we play a franchise game tommorow i'm so due to beat him, i've won a few online and the advice you guys gave me really helped. Pluse 4-2-5 is a real nice defense just used this against someone and had 4 picks one for a td . But the advice you guys gave me should help it sucks when your on a long losing streak vs someone who you know you can beat...
No prob man. Good luck. Melt his cheese, crush his pride, break his heart, and shatter his cheesy a** ego

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »