Home

Who's Still Playing?

This is a discussion on Who's Still Playing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Are You Still Playing NCAA '09?
Yes 133 75.14%
Very Little 24 13.56%
No 20 11.30%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who's Still Playing?

I got 3 OD going and 1 offline. SJSU, TCU and OSU (Oklahoma state) are the OD and sjsu in the offline. might have to take a job elsewhere in my offline because I am a 6* school and am beating everyone and won the chip twice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 20

Did I seriously just read somewhere in this thread somebody saying the CPU playcalling was solid? Ya right.

As of right now I haven't played a dynasty game in awhile, too annoyed by the huge problems in this game to start another one yet.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play this everyday and I'm not in an online dynasty. This game blows against the CPU. The AI is laughable. But this game does provide decent online play. I can run effectively run my version of the west coast offense. It satisfies my football video game needs.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #68
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I am still hooked!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #69
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
I still love this game...I traded in Madden a few weeks ago because I thought it was a downgrade to NCAA...If you know how to play defense then QB's aren't gods...If you can read defenses then neither are defenders..People just have to learn how to play the game before they rant and rave about how bad the defense is in this game because I can play it very well and hardly ever give up any points at all...In fact I just shut out Alabama 42-0 on heisman...Got 3 sacks and picked them off only twice...You just have to tinker with the game and find plays that work.
I completely agree with this post. I see so many people complaining about the "wide open" offense, and really have no idea why it is such a big deal. If you actually read the offense, hot route players, and call the correct plays at the correct times, you should have no problems getting 2-5 sacks per game, and holding opponents under 10 points.

I have had some of the most realistic games in any dynasty (vs. cpu) in this years version. I've had games where I've blown teams out, I've had defensive struggles (14-13 are the score), I've had 24-21 games, I've had 35-30 games. Most of the time my defense will hold an opposing qb to under 55% accuracy, with some qb's touching 70% (look at Tebow, Bradford, Harrell- these things happen).

I am still playing my offline dynasty everyday, and playing my online Conference USA dynasty as UCF (great recruting class coming in this season..haha) on a weekly basis. This game is a blast, and honestly does not deserve the criticism it garnered- especially on the defensive side of the ball. If I am able to play solid D on Heisman (I'm no defensive guru), then anyone can with a little practice.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #70
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I completely agree with this post. I see so many people complaining about the "wide open" offense, and really have no idea why it is such a big deal. If you actually read the offense, hot route players, and call the correct plays at the correct times, you should have no problems getting 2-5 sacks per game, and holding opponents under 10 points.

I have had some of the most realistic games in any dynasty (vs. cpu) in this years version. I've had games where I've blown teams out, I've had defensive struggles (14-13 are the score), I've had 24-21 games, I've had 35-30 games. Most of the time my defense will hold an opposing qb to under 55% accuracy, with some qb's touching 70% (look at Tebow, Bradford, Harrell- these things happen).

I am still playing my offline dynasty everyday, and playing my online Conference USA dynasty as UCF (great recruting class coming in this season..haha) on a weekly basis. This game is a blast, and honestly does not deserve the criticism it garnered- especially on the defensive side of the ball. If I am able to play solid D on Heisman (I'm no defensive guru), then anyone can with a little practice.
Yeah, alot of people constantly complain but im playing this game even more then I did when it first came out. I too am in CUSA controlling Marshall and I just went 7-5. Its great because I actually have a challenge in recruiting and games. Ive never lost 5 games in one season against CPU controlled teams (other than with Army). Im Lovin It.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 11-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #71
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Just won the NC for the first time since buying the game. My current coaching career breaks down like this:

7-5
8-5
10-3
11-2
7-6
12-0

Now I get to look forward to replacing 12 starters. We open the season ranked 16th, at home against #19 Arizona State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #72
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

I stopped playing a few weeks ago. Pick up Gears, W@W, COD4, and you won't come back. Playing those games makes you see how bleeping crappy EA programming is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »