Home

Online Dynasty: What to do when user is out of town for user vs user game?

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty: What to do when user is out of town for user vs user game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Question Online Dynasty: What to do when user is out of town for user vs user game?

In my online dynasty, we have a few rules...
-You have 72 hours to do your stuff if you have a game that week
-You have 24 hours to do your stuff if you have recruiting only or it's the offseason/preseason

But in the case when it's a user vs user game, and one of the users is out of town, we have left it up to the users to work it out. Technically, our rule is that if User A is unavailable, then User B gets to decide whether to sim the game or play vs the CPU. But in practice, we've been leaving it up to User A and User B to agree on what is best. So far, either User A didn't mind if User B played the game vs CPU (since User B's roster was better and would win in a sim anyway), or both users agreed to sim it.

However now we have a situation where User A is unable to play, and User A and User B have evenly matched teams... User A would prefer the game not be played vs CPU because it's an even game if simmed but he would surely lose if played vs CPU. User B would prefer to play the game because if he sims it there is a higher likelihood of major injuries. Neither one wants to step on anyone's toes.

I was wondering if anyone's league had a good idea for how to handle these situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

SmoothOlaf's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online Dynasty: What to do when user is out of town for user vs user game?

Wait for the user to come back. Is the advancement schedule that important?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Online Dynasty: What to do when user is out of town for user vs user game?

I like your rules Trev. That's the schedule I prefer. I typically try to wait for my guys if they go out of town. If they are going to be gone through more than one advance I normally move on. However, if they're out of town, they get no choice in the matter. They get put on auto and no one ever opts to let a game sim unless when they have the option due to fear of losing. The available man shouldn't be penalized so he gets the chance to play the CPU. It eventually catches up with everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »