Home

Dynasty questions

This is a discussion on Dynasty questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Dynasty questions

1) I just started my 1st dynasty over spring break since having the game since last July (heh heh) and I use Texas Tech, but use Florida's playbook. So why when I go to practice, I have to use TT's playbook? I'm sure this was addressed the 1st day the game was released, but is there a way around it.

2) Up until I started my dynasty, I was doing offline exibition games on All-American and winning about 80-85% of the time. I start my first season on dynasty on AA and am #1 at the end of the season against OU and lose on the last play of the game and drop down to the Holiday bowl and win. Next season I end up losing 3 games and now this season I open with Florida and they are picking me off left and right. I move the difficulty down to varsity and I end up winning 30-27 in OT. I'm not a huge fan of sliders. I just leave them be, but can someone tell me how playing AA for all these months and having a successful 1st year at least, the computer seems like it is taking over and even dumbing down the difficulty it seems like it is picking me off left and right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Dynasty questions

I don't have any real answers, but I do know there seems to be times when the computer is actively fighting against you in all aspects of your own game. You'll have perfect passes sail over wide open WRs heads and go 20 yards downfield into the arms of a safety and garbage like that.

I once had that happen and had my QB + my RB fumble 5 times in a game after not turning the ball over more than 3 times combined all season.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2

Did you recruit well?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

It should be noted that in this game "recruiting well" isn't about how many 5 star 78 speed safties you draft, and how many Top25 classes you get. It's about recruiting the guys that actually make a difference in the game.

Recruiting is all kind of wacked out at the moment when it comes to stats.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:09 AM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by txprivates
2) Up until I started my dynasty, I was doing offline exibition games on All-American and winning about 80-85% of the time. I start my first season on dynasty on AA and am #1 at the end of the season against OU and lose on the last play of the game and drop down to the Holiday bowl and win. Next season I end up losing 3 games and now this season I open with Florida and they are picking me off left and right. I move the difficulty down to varsity and I end up winning 30-27 in OT. I'm not a huge fan of sliders. I just leave them be, but can someone tell me how playing AA for all these months and having a successful 1st year at least, the computer seems like it is taking over and even dumbing down the difficulty it seems like it is picking me off left and right.
I wish I could give you a better answer than this, but you are just not playing as well. Personally, I find that I play better when I vary up my play-calling and try new things to stay sharp. When I get in a rut and play tons of games in a row and start trying to do the same thing all the time, that's when I start playing poorly.

To address your question about the Practice playbook, it's simply a bug with Practice mode. I haven't heard EA comment as to whether it's fixed in NCAA 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Did you try going to your coaching options and changing your playbook?

This has always worked for me.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess I am in a "playcalling rut" but I guess I still don't think that's a valid excuse for the blatant number of interceptions, turnovers and missed tackles on defense. Recruiting at first was difficult because I wasn't that involved in it, but I had the #5 class this past year.

Like I said though, I was playing Florida on AA and was down 21-7 in the 2nd quarter and threw my 3rd interception when I finally got pissed and turned it off and then put it down to varsity and struggle to win a 30-27 game in OT. I guess I don't see why in Dynasty mode the computer gets to get away with a lot more than just doing an exhibition.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

So, if this happened in real life (3 INT's in a half, a couple fumbles, missed tackles, etc happens all the time - even to good teams on a bad day), would you turn off the TV and blame Florida for cheating? I'm just asking...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »