Home

madden killing NCAA

This is a discussion on madden killing NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: madden killing NCAA

I agree with the statement that madden is always a little bit more polished than NCAA. It is always a little better. But the college teams and atmosphere make up for that. For example: last year the big differences were the madden test/adaptive ai that didnt really work and the ability to break tackles after the animation had already started. But this year this list just seems really long. Keep in mind that i don't know for a fact that ncaa won't have these things but I assume.

here is what madden has that ncaa doesn't
New revolution facemasks, that actually fit the players faces
Revolution speed helmets
Under armour that come down to the elbow.
9 man gang tackles
REFEREES
fumble piles
QB ratings
QB avoid
and probably more

Also just the fact that we already know a ton of info about maddem and we know that NCAA has windsocks and teambuilder. I feel that if NCAA had some of the features that madden has we would know about them.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecox3
I agree with the statement that madden is always a little bit more polished than NCAA. It is always a little better. But the college teams and atmosphere make up for that. For example: last year the big differences were the madden test/adaptive ai that didnt really work and the ability to break tackles after the animation had already started. But this year this list just seems really long. Keep in mind that i don't know for a fact that ncaa won't have these things but I assume.

here is what madden has that ncaa doesn't
New revolution facemasks, that actually fit the players faces
Revolution speed helmets
Under armour that come down to the elbow.
9 man gang tackles
REFEREES
fumble piles
QB ratings
QB avoid
and probably more

Also just the fact that we already know a ton of info about maddem and we know that NCAA has windsocks and teambuilder. I feel that if NCAA had some of the features that madden has we would know about them.
When has Madden said the new revo facemask were in?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i don't man, if you really believe this I suggest you start a poll because you're way off. the proof will be when they open up the tb website and the server crashes shortly after
My point being that teambuilder is a feature like Mascout game that only effects a select few. What Madden is adding effects every gamer not just some.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
My point being that teambuilder is a feature like Mascout game that only effects a select few. What Madden is adding effects every gamer not just some.
looking at the first page of this board it's pretty tough to call it a "select few", just wait until the site is up you'll see
Old 04-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
When has Madden said the new revo facemask were in?
http://maddennfl.easports.com/media.action ... On the official site they have screens that show Troy p's facemask (the tebow one) it wasn't in madden 09 (the bottom is messed up but i think they are working on it) also here on the video that they showed on jimmy fallen the other night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCvAdSNwh58 you at 0:36 you can see the back of his helmet, it is a revolution speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #22
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

Teambuilder will be great. But things like the pre-existing stadium still having the real team's stuff on it (like in the screen, there being Cal flags and scoreboard logos) is just downright dumb. Their "biggest" feature so far in this game, and you can't even have an authetnic experience unless you use a generic stadium.

Clutch. F'kin clutch, I tell you.

I think the pre-game entrances and bands being in the game will make it a lot better and make me forget about those gripes. But it depends on how many teams have them.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
Teambuilder will be great. But things like the pre-existing stadium still having the real team's stuff on it (like in the screen, there being Cal flags and scoreboard logos) is just downright dumb. Their "biggest" feature so far in this game, and you can't even have an authetnic experience unless you use a generic stadium.

Clutch. F'kin clutch, I tell you.

I think the pre-game entrances and bands being in the game will make it a lot better and make me forget about those gripes. But it depends on how many teams have them.
I agree that could be done better, but remember that they are still working on this thing. Also even if it doesn't change it won't bother me that much because i'm planning on making a small school in Boston and if I end up putting them in BCs stadium it would make sense to me to still see BCs flags and such around.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
stewaat

OVR:

Where is online dynasty and recruiting battles? Ok NCAA wins for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »