Home

Since when are Georgia and Clemson rivals?

This is a discussion on Since when are Georgia and Clemson rivals? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Since when are Georgia and Clemson rivals?

I was never aware of a rivalry between those schools and can't recall ever seeing them play each other.

I wish EA would make Kentucky and Indiana rivals again. It was a rivalry in the old NCAA games and it would be nice to have more than 2 rivals since that would help when scheduling recruiting visits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Banned

davidmj444's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Since when are Georgia and Clemson rivals?

They've been rivals since forever. Georgia and Clemson have been playing for a while before Georgia ever started playing Auburn,LSU, or South Carolina. They've been playing since 1897. Please just look up stuff on google before you post. It is one of the oldest rivalrys in college football. They have taken a ten year absence in the rivalry. The last time they played was '03 and the next time they play will be in 2013.

Last edited by davidmj444; 05-02-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Kinda like wazzu and idaho (6 miles away from each other), we dominated the series in basketball and football so we can only play them every four years in football now cause they are so terrible.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmj444
They've been rivals since forever. Georgia and Clemson have been playing for a while before Georgia ever started playing Auburn,LSU, or South Carolina. They've been playing since 1897. Please just look up stuff on google before you post. It is one of the oldest rivalrys in college football. They have taken a ten year absence in the rivalry. The last time they played was '03 and the next time they play will be in 2013.

It's not a rivalry. Period. They don't play each other any longer. Please look up stuff on google before you post. (do you see how dumb that sounds now?)
Tech was playing Bama, Tennessee, Auburn every year back in the day, that doesn't make it a rivalry today.

Your welcome.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmj444
No doubt!!! I live in GA(Augusta) right on the border of Carolina, we dislike everything about Carolina. The only thing good about Carolina is you can buy beer on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
It's not a rivalry. Period. They don't play each other any longer. Please look up stuff on google before you post. (do you see how dumb that sounds now?)
Tech was playing Bama, Tennessee, Auburn every year back in the day, that doesn't make it a rivalry today.

Your welcome.
disagree, david is right a rivalry doesn't require you to play a team every year. BC-Notre Dame is a rivalry and they've gone years without playing, also there are plenty of examples from the NFL of teams that are rivals, but only play once every 4 years or so due to the way schedules are made
Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Couldn't disagree more. For me personally, just because we started playing someone in the 1800's and had rivalries with them in the 40's doesn't make them a rivalry. I know college football, and I know the history between Clemson and Georgia. That being said, they're not rivals in the college football world any longer.

That's my opinion, if you're a fan and think that's a rivalry then more power to you I guess.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
disagree, david is right a rivalry doesn't require you to play a team every year. BC-Notre Dame is a rivalry and they've gone years without playing, also there are plenty of examples from the NFL of teams that are rivals, but only play once every 4 years or so due to the way schedules are made
yep, wvu and va tech may never play again, but there will always be a rivalry b/w the two. same for pitt and penn st. uga and clemson was a battle for southern football supremacy in the late 70s and throughout the 80s, and even if they don't play, they'll always have that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »