Home

to NCAA team about size issue...

This is a discussion on to NCAA team about size issue... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
to NCAA team about size issue...

Dear Adam and Russell,
There was a thread that was created about how possibly size being a main reason why content is limited within the game. I understand that as far as college football there are more then 3 times the amount of NFL teams and then when you throw in content such as equipment, stadiums and more it can be harder to fit in content onto a single disc. I brought up in the other forum an idea if it was possibly for the NCAA team to use a large install before the game can be played to maximize the amount of content in NCAA. A pre-install would allow the team to compress content and then install some on the hard drive to help with this issue of size. I thought it was good food for thought for a new thread...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Pro

Re: to NCAA team about size issue...

the team size issues has nothing to do with disc size, if you've ever looked at the DB structures the game saves they are EXTREMELY brittle

EA is definitely terrified of touching that code, t would estimate that each player is about 500bytes at most which would mean 15*120*500 would require less than 1 MB of memory.

i once wrote a parser for a draft class and the data in those were def less than 500 bytes per player

remember how WKU broke rosters last year? that's how brittle their code is
Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Its not really an issue of roster size... more about content. Things such as stadiums, commentary, and other size heavy content have to be sacraficed when you are limited to disc space. It was brought up in the other thread that MLB the Show has 10 gigs on commentary alone. Now they are on Bluray to their advantage and only PS3. My point is one way to add more content such as commentary, stadiums, equiptment etc... would be to use a install file and compress more content and use the HDD on the system to the games advantage. This would help combat the issue of not being able to take full advantage of bluray's capacity because the 360 only uses dvd.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Rookie

KLKapone11's Arena

OVR: 3

This is a great idea.... Adam plz reply to the thread as to your thought regarding Gator's idea and if EA would even consider it????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »