Home

Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13
Recruiting Question

I asked this in another thread, but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle:

How were juco recruits affected by the ratings tweaks? Were their overalls dropped as well? I ask because under the current ratings system there seems to be little advantage to recruiting jucos, where as in real life coaches go after jr college players because they can be counted on to play faster than high school kids, in most cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Recruiting Question

This is a good question, I don't think it has been talked about.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've always felt it depends on where they are ranked overall. Actually, I think that the juco's were a little underrated based on where they would show up in the overall ratings. For example, a lot of times the number 1 ranked player at a position was a juco but then they only come out as a 82 overall...which is the same as what a number one freshman would come out at the position. So in other words, if you're looking at getting someone on the field sooner there was no difference between a juco or a freshman in overall ratings.

In fact, the juco will never get to as a high of a rating as freshman at the same ranking because they won't have as many off-season trainings to attend, so I've never thought they were worth recruiting.

I think the juniors should come out with with an average of 20-30% ratings boost, or at least a high increase in awareness...the sophomores at probably 10-20%...these percentages are in relation to the players ranked at nearly the same place.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
I've always felt it depends on where they are ranked overall. Actually, I think that the juco's were a little underrated based on where they would show up in the overall ratings. For example, a lot of times the number 1 ranked player at a position was a juco but then they only come out as a 82 overall...which is the same as what a number one freshman would come out at the position. So in other words, if you're looking at getting someone on the field sooner there was no difference between a juco or a freshman in overall ratings.

In fact, the juco will never get to as a high of a rating as freshman at the same ranking because they won't have as many off-season trainings to attend, so I've never thought they were worth recruiting.

I think the juniors should come out with with an average of 20-30% ratings boost, or at least a high increase in awareness...the sophomores at probably 10-20%...these percentages are in relation to the players ranked at nearly the same place.
This is exactly what I was alluding to. Good explanation. I'm hoping that Russ will see this thread and answer the questions.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always thought EA did a terrible job with juco's, in real life a good juco starts I have yet to see a juco I would start. What's the point in bring in a 78 rated guy who will only be on campus for 2 years when everyone at his position is better. From a practice standpoint unless a Juco has unbelieable ratings at a certain stat(mainly speed) all juco's are good for is depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

Hoping to get an answer by a dev.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

Bump
Old 06-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
Hoping to get an answer by a dev.
My uneducated guess would be that this is unchanged. I never even consider JUCO's, too little reward in getting them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »